IN THE MATTER OF BCN TELECOM, INC.'S APPLICATION FOR A CERTIFICATE OF PUBLIC CONVENIENCE AND NECESSITY TO PROVIDE FACILITIES-BASED AND RESOLD LOCAL EXCHANGE SERVICES
Having reviewed the record, the Commission approves the Company's Application for a CPCN as set forth below.
In its Application, the Company says it is a
The Company proposes to provide resold and facilities-based local exchange services throughout
exchange flat rate, measured rate service, and operator assistance); (2) residential custom class features (call waiting, Caller ID, call forwarding, etc.); (3) adjunct provider features (voice message, etc.); and (4) residential ancillary services (911, directory listing, directory assistance, etc.). The Company will provide a toll-free customer service telephone number Monday-Friday from
The Company says it owns no property related to the services it would offer in
The Company plans to enter interconnection and service arrangements with
The Company's Application describes its management team's background and experience. The Company also provides financial information to support its Application. Proposed tariffs are also included.
The Company says it has reviewed and will comply with the Commission's rules. Id. at6.
Staffreviewed the Company's Application to ensure it satisfied the requirements for obtaining a CPCN, including
1. The Company must comply with the number pooling and reporting requirements of the North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA).
2. The Company must comply with all reporting and contribution requirements of
3. The Company must comply with all future reporting requirements that the Commission deems appropriate for competitive telecommunications providers;
4. The Company must file a final price list with all its rates, terms, and conditions with the Commission before the CPCN will issue; and
5. The Company must relinquish its CPCN and all telephone numbers if, within one year ofthe issuance of a CPCN, the Company is not providing basic local exchange service in
DISCUSSION AND FINDINGS
Based on our review ofthe record, including the Company's Application and Staffs comments, we find the Company's Application complies with
ORDER NO. 32955 3ORDER
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Company's Application is approved and the Company shall be issued a CPCN subject to the above conditions.
THIS IS A FINAL ORDER. Any person interested in the Order may petition for reconsideration within twenty-one (21) days ofthe service date ofthis Order with regard to any matter decided in this Order. Within seven (7) days after any person has petitioned for reconsideration, any other person may cross-petition for reconsideration. See Idaho Code section 61- 626.
DONE by Order ofthe
Jean D. Jewel1:
1 This Order refers to the Company's Application, as supplemented, as the "Application."
2 See Commission Order No. 30425.
3 See Commission Order Nos. 32637, 32524, and 32526.
4 "'Basic local exchange service' means the provision of access lines to residential and small business customers with the associated transmission of two-way interactive switched voice communication within a local exchange calling area." Idaho Code section 62-603(1).
CC Autotriage7sm-131231-30TagarumaMar-4590166 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law