The Agency is proposing to define the term "packaging", when used as a verb, to mean placing food into a container that directly contacts the food and that the consumer receives. This definition would match the definition of "packaging" in proposed
The Agency is proposing to define the term "packing" as it is defined in proposed
Proposed SEC 507.3 defines "plant" to mean the building or establishment or parts thereof, used for or in connection with the manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding of food.
The Agency is proposing to define "preventive controls" to mean those risk-based, reasonably appropriate procedures, practices, and processes that a person knowledgeable about the safe manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding of food would employ to significantly minimize or prevent the hazards identified under the hazard analysis that are consistent with the current scientific understanding of safe food manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding at the time of the analysis. The proposed definition would incorporate the definition in section 418(o)(3) of the FD&C Act.
Proposed SEC 507.3 defines "qualified end-user" to mean, with respect to an animal food, the consumer of the food (where the term does not include a business); or a restaurant or retail food establishment (as those terms are defined in
a. Is located:
* In the same State as the qualified facility that sold the food to such restaurant establishment; or
* Not more than 275 miles from such facility; and
b. Is purchasing the food for sale directly to consumers at such restaurant or retail food establishment.
The proposed definition matches the definition in section 418(l)(4)(B) of the FD&C Act. As discussed previously in this section of the document, for purposes of this proposed rule, the term "consumer" refers to the purchaser of the animal food to feed to an animal(s), and the animal(s) consuming the food. With respect to animal food, restaurants include pet shelters, kennels and veterinary facilities in which animal food is provided to animals, as provided in
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today