* Unified Access capabilities are offered across Alcatel-Lucent's entireenterprise networking portfolio, requiring only a software upgrade to deploywhile preserving existing equipment. Unified Access network services and BYODservices are available today.
* Aruba's ClearPass Access Management System allows enterprises to securelyprovision and manage mobile devices on enterprise networks, and is integratedwith Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitches, OmniAccess routers and OmniVista NMS for aseamless, consistent user experience.
* Aruba's AirGroup services under ClearPass Policy Manager, supported on boththe wired and wireless LAN, enable end users and IT administrators toself-register AppleŽ devices. In the higher education environment, students indorms can plug in printers, Apple TVs, and other consumer devices, registerthem and set access limits for select friends use instead of the whole campus,all without IT involvement.
* Management enhancements ease the burden of IT by automating operations forBYOD services such as device configuration and guest registration,and providecommon troubleshooting and monitoring tools across the wired and wirelessnetworks.
* New security features such as automatic configuration of 802.1x securityand certificates increase LAN security to be on par with the wirelessexperience. Devices like laptops, tablets, printers and cameras areautomatically registered, keeping the network secure without overloading ITdepartments with manual tasks.
* Extensive Professional Services offerings, leveraging Alcatel-Lucent'sbroad knowledge of wired and wireless LAN networking, support channel partnersand their customers in evolving their network to support unified access andBYOD services.
"Alcatel-Lucent was one of the first partners in the history of ourcompany," said Dominic Orr, CEO and President of Aruba Networks. "Arubahas long embraced a vision of the open intelligent campus, and I'm delightedthat we have a like-minded partner in Alcatel-Lucent. Their UnifiedAccess strategy combines the best of both of our technologies, and delivers aunified platform to customers that solves today's IT challenges."
"Alcatel-Lucent is known for its ability to deliver deeply integratedsolutions to solve real customer needs," said Michel Emelianoff, President,Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise. "We knew that the current wave of BYOD andmobility would bring new challenges that needed a holistic solution. UnifiedAccess is our answer to these challenges. We have architected UnifiedAccess to not only solve these challenges but simplify adoption."
"Unified Access is promising to bring wired and wireless networks togetherfrom a management and security perspective. Alcatel-Lucent is taking the nextsteps to focus on the user experience with the integration of services thatenable employees to access a consistent experience across all devices. Byoffering Unified Access over the entire enterprise portfolio, customers candecide how aggressive they want to be - as they need and can afford to - inbuilding their Unified Access strategy," said Zeus Kerravala, Principal at ZKResearch.
Converged Campus Networks http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/?solution=Convergedcampus&page=overview
Unified Access for a Converged World [video] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oRN_ileRuQ
Unify your network for a mobile enterprise http://enterprise.alcatel-lucent.com/assets/documents/public/E2013061639EN_Mobile_Enterprise_EN_AppNote.pdf
ABOUT ALCATEL-LUCENT (EURONEXT PARIS AND NYSE: ALU)
Alcatel-Lucent is at the forefront of global communications, providingproducts and innovations in IP and cloud networking, as well as ultra-broadbandfixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprisesand institutions throughout the world.
Underpinning Alcatel-Lucent in driving the industrial transformation fromvoice telephony to high-speed digital delivery of data, video and informationis Bell Labs, an integral part of Alcatel-Lucent and one of the world'sforemost technology research institutes, responsible for countlessbreakthroughs that have shaped the networking and communications industry.Alcatel-Lucent innovations have resulted in the company being recognized byThomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator, as well as being named by MITTechnology Review as amongst 2012's Top 50 "World's Most Innovative Companies".Alcatel-Lucent has also been recognized for innovation in sustainability, beingnamed Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector inthe 2013 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review for making globalcommunications more sustainable, affordable and accessible, all in pursuit ofthe company's mission to realize the potential of a connected world.
With revenues of Euro 14.4 billion in 2012, Alcatel-Lucent is listed on theParis and New York stock exchanges (Euronext and NYSE: ALU). The company isincorporated in France and headquartered in Paris.
For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com , read the latest posts on theAlcatel-Lucent blog http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/blog and follow the Companyon Twitter: http://twitter.com/Alcatel_Lucent .
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.com on the world wide web. Inquiries to email@example.com)).