Hungerford said that due to constant changes in the government, employee turnover is somewhat unpredictable. Succession planning includes creating a strategy that allows for building during continuous re-staffing.
"I don't know how many in today's workforce can say they have been here for 30 years like Dave or I," Hungerford noted.
Hungerford travels to
"In Maryland I spend a lot of time visiting program managers, meeting with sponsors at both NAVSEA Headquarters in
Hungerford said he has roughly 220 employees at the Picatinny Detachment with another 30 or so at fleet locations like
Of the roughly 240 employees on staff, only four are military.
"We are disbursed at fleet-concentration areas," Hungerford said. "I have to have boots on the ground to determine weapon conditions and work with the ships as they go in and out of the ports."
The staff includes three employees who make up the Mobile Ammunition Evaluation and Reconditioning Unit, which refurbishes ammunition located outside the continental
By bringing unserviceable ammunition back into usable condition, the MAERU team saves tremendous amounts of procurement dollars since this ammunition doesn't have to be demiled and replaced.
"The Picatinny Garrison has made this an amazing transition," Hungerford said. "They welcomed us with open arms.
"As we built and moved into our facilities, the
"The Picatinny NEC (Network Enterprise Center) is also an organization that was a huge help in getting us up and running. They played a big role in recommending how our IT (information technology) infrastructure should be designed and setup," Rogers said.
"We collaborated with the
Both Hungerford and Rogers said that the NSWC IHDEODTD works extremely close with
History of the
TNS 30FurigayJane-131011-4515423 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Unjustified?: Justin Timberlake's Grammy snub