I ask my newspaper, in the interest of fairness, to please either follow up on the analysis done by Babes Against Biotech or do your own analysis. Be sure to include money from the companies themselves, their several layers of lobbying firms and the principal individuals. Compare that to their votes on the issue. Then please feature that information as prominently as you did the GMO activist support, which is but a drop in the bucket by comparison.
Thank you in advance for this public service.
Movable divider would help H-1
Demolish the center dividing wall that separates the eastbound and westbound traffic. In its stead, for non-peak hours, use the movable Zipper wall to create separation between eastbound and westbound traffic.
For morning peak hour traffic heading east, move the Zipper wall one lane over into the westbound side and vice-versa for the afternoon traffic going west.
Geothermal is not fracking
Here we go again, stifling geothermal energy to the detriment of the economy and environment ("Kenoi backs health study for geo-thermal power,"
Calling geothermal fracking is outright false.To add to the insult, the media report it.
The late former Sen.
At one time, he held the record among American airmen for the number of sorties into enemy territory. He served his country with unquestioned valor and honor. As Cal's fraternity brother and fellow Vietnam War veteran, I salute him.
Brother Cal, may you rest in peace.
Shutdown blame being misplaced
The press wants to blame the government shutdown on the Republicans.
Let's put the blame where it belongs.
Otto Cleveland Pearl City
Multilingualism going too far?
How far are we going to take this ("Group sues state over English driver's test,"
Before you know it, the state
Linda Hayashi Pearl City
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change