11. Some of the rules adopted herein may also affect small businesses that manufacture aviation radio equipment.
Description of Projected Reporting, Recordkeeping, and Other Compliance Requirements for Small Entities
12. The rule changes adopted in the R&O require manufacturers to meet certain criteria and potential licensees to operate the equipment as prescribed in the Rules, including prior coordination with the
Steps Taken To Minimize the Significant Economic Impact on Small Entities, and Significant Alternatives Considered
13. The RFA requires an agency to describe the steps it has taken to minimize the significant economic impact on small entities consistent with the stated objectives of applicable statutes, including a statement of the factual, policy, and legal reasons for selecting the alternative adopted in the final rule and why each one of the other significant alternatives to the rule considered by the agency which affect the impact on small entities was rejected.
14. We believe that the R&O does not impose any significant additional reporting, recordkeeping, or other compliance requirements on small entities. The rules adopted in the R&O authorize new ground station technologies that will promote the overriding issue of aviation safety. No commenter identified any less burdensome alternatives that would be consistent with the item's objectives and the Commission's goals and responsibilities.
15. The Commission will send a copy of the R&O in WT Docket Nos. 10-61 and 09-42, including the Final Regulatory Flexibility Analysis, in a report to be sent to
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise