7) 'Language & Arithmetic Class': a class designed to improve both reading and arithmetic skills
8) 'Speed Reading': a short lesson in speed reading, using paper and a computer
9) 'Solar System Adventure': a specially created program shown on a 360-degree screen in a chamber theater
10) 'Guided Tour of the
Note: Items 4-10 are included in the Museum entrance fee and no advance reservations are required.
Chuman Gakuin, established in 1954, is a chain of cram schools providing educational guidance to students at the elementary, middle school and high school levels. It operates 157 classrooms primarily in Kanagawa Prefecture. Besides developing children's learning capabilities and cultivating excellent human resources, Chuman Gakuin proactively undertakes events that promote hands-on learning: for example, overnight nature study trips and book report presentations. Its involvement in the 'Autumn Study Festival' program is part of those activities.
Mobile site: http://museum.mobile.mhi.co.jp
Access: 3-minute walk from
8-minute walk from
Closed days: Mondays (Tuesday, when Monday is a national holiday)
Admission is free for elementary school, junior and senior high school and university field trip visits, provided a reservation is made in advance.
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects