PAR2-calcium signaling in vascular endothelium,
High blood pressure is associated with dysfunctional blood vessels, which in turn can make some blood pressure control drugs less effective. This research involves applying live cell imaging techniques to measure specific cellular communication signals that affect blood vessels. The goal of the research is to uncover new strategies to counter blood vessel dysfunction in patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Breastfeeding rates in
Mechanisms of Ras-dependent oncolysis, Dr. KensukeHirasawa,
Oncolytic viruses are engineered or naturally occurring viruses that replicate in cancer cells, but not in normal cells. Clinical studies have shown these viruses to be quite promising for cancer therapy. This research will provide insight into the molecular mechanisms of viral oncolysis as well as the future development of new oncolytic viruses with improved efficacy and safety.
Role of neuroinflammatory mediators in energy homeostasis,
Obesity is believed to be largely due to the western-style diet suppressing the mechanisms within the brain that control food intake. A diet rich in fat induces inflammation of the brain and other tissues. However, it remains unclear how brain inflammation modulates appetite control. This project investigates how the inflammatory response in different brain areas influences body weight and food intake control mechanisms. Improved understanding will allow for the development of strategies that could be applied to obesity treatments.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant