The optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set following distance from a vehicle traveling directly ahead. The radar sensor can detect certain obstacles in front of the car, and a PCS computer with vehicle-speed, steering angle and yaw-rate inputs helps to determine whether a collision is imminent. In such a situation, PCS preemptively retracts front seat belts and pre-initializes Brake Assist so that increased braking will be applied the instant the driver depresses the pedal.
New for 2014
* The available Pre-Collision System now available on the front-wheel drive model and now features Pre-Brake and forward warning collision system. * Premium Package now features sustainable Matte Bamboo trim and steering wheel for black or parchment interior. * Luxury Package adds rear-seat 115v AC power outlet. * Siri Eyes Free mode.
* Sport mode with revised steering effort, throttle mapping and transmission logic priorities to fully exploit the capabilities of the powertrain. In Sport mode, the hybrid meter light changes to red. * All-weather drive model employs separate rear electric motor-generator to provide power to the rear wheels when road conditions or throttle response dictates. * A SNOW mode slows accelerator-pedal response to help reduce the possibility of wheel spin.
* Uniquely designed double-wishbone rear suspension improves handling and yields greater cargo area room. * VSC adds steering assist torque to help aid handling on a split-friction surface. * TRAC and VSC functions can also be turned off, for example, when the driver needs to free the vehicle from mud or snow. * 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with 235/60R18 tires; two optional 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheel packages with 235/55R19 tires.
* Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) uses brake pressure to help prevent the vehicle from moving backward when starting out on an incline. * Active front headrests help to reduce the severity of a whiplash injury in the event of certain types of lower speed rear collisions. * Smart Stop Technology will automatically reduce engine power when the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal are applied simultaneously under certain driving conditions.
* 10-way power front seats with power lumbar adjustment. * Leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio controls. * Power liftgate * Multi-information switch on the steering wheel provides access to numerous function settings without taking hands off the steering wheel. * Vehicle settings can be customized, including personal door-lock preferences, interior/exterior light adjustments, driver's seat easy exit, and window-closure settings. * Power tilt and telescopic steering column * An available smog sensor is designed to detect harmful particles (CO, HC, NOx) in other vehicles' exhaust emissions and automatically switch the climate control system between fresh air and recirculation modes. * Vehicle settings can be customized, including personal door-lock preferences, interior/exterior light adjustments, driver's seat easy exit, and window-closure settings. Luxury Options
* Comfort Package with ventilated front seats * 12-speaker Display Audio system features two-rear-door tweeters, a compact, L-shaped subwoofer in the rear-luggage compartment, a DVD/CD player, and HD Radio with iTunes tagging (included with the optional Navigation Package, as well) *
* 48-month/50,000-mile basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles. * 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage. * 72 months corrosion perforation protection, regardless of mileage. * Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.
TNS 30FurigayJane-130928-4504321 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response