Together with the R-Car M2 SoC, Renesas plans to introduce a low-cost
development tool supporting the product to expand to
Key features of the R-Car M2 and integrated dashboard solution:
(1) Capable of delivering more than 12,000 DMIPS and twice the graphics performance of high-end products
The 2+1 structure of two state-of-the-art CPUs – Cortex-A15 and SH-4A – realizes more than 12,000 DMIPS. Simultaneous operation of high-end functions such as high-definition navigation, intelligent browsing or precise speech recognition is compatible with real-time responses to drivers’ requests.
The highest performance is realized by upgrading to the PowerVR™ SGX544MP2 from Imagination Technologies and by raising the operating frequency from 250 MHz to 520 MHz. The system supports high-resolution/high-definition display as well as simultaneous drawing to multiple displays.
(2) Optimized functions to mid-range automotive information devices to realize software compatibility in the product family
The total cost is minimized by integrating functions required in next-generation, mid-range automotive information device in one chip. The R-Car M2 shares not only the function IP but also the memory map with R-Car H2, to unify the driver and middleware, and also software development and control to R-Car H2/M2, which contributes to the reduction of development cost and development time.
(3) Offers low-cost software development board to expand development partners
The evaluation board for SoC functions was previously used in software development with the partners. A low-cost software development board prepared with 1/5 the cost of the previous board is currently in development, concentrating on functions for software development by the partners. The board is to be released in
The R-Car M2 device and the ecosystem are regarded as a solution for improving users’ development efficiency, developing more complicated automotive information devices. Renesas will work on further sales and partner expansion, with plans to grow its
Pricing and Availability
Samples of the Renesas R-Car M2 SoC are available now, equipped in an 831-pin FCBGA (flip chip ball grid array) package. Mass production is scheduled to begin in
(Note 1) DMIPS (Dhrystone Million Per Second): One of the computer performance index calculated from Dhrystone benchmark program.
(Note 2) Ecosystem: The collectivity of development tools such as OS, compiler and debugger, developers, and solution providers focusing on a CPU architecture.
(Remarks) A PowerVR SGX is a registered trademark of Imagination Technologies in the EU and other countries. ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks or trademarks of
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits