METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. The findings and conclusions of this report are based on information gathered from manufacturers and distributors, hospitals, doctors, and other end users. Interview data were combined with information gathered through an extensive review of secondary sources such as trade publications, trade associations, company literature and online databases to produce the baseline market estimates contained in this report.
The base year for analysis and projection is 2012. With 2012 as a baseline, market projections were developed for 2013 through 2018. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among the primary contacts combined with our understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from an historical and analytical perspective. The analytical methodologies used to generate the market estimates are described in detail in the section on Detailed Market Projections.
Unless otherwise stated, all dollar projections presented in this report are in 2012 constant dollars.
The author of this report is
This report provides:
• An overview of the U.S. market for disabled and elderly assistive technologies, which encompasses a broad range of devices, from "low-tech" products such as eyeglasses and large-print books to technologically sophisticated products such as voice synthesizers, Braille readers, and wireless monitoring devices.
• Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
• Discussion of market drivers and constraints.
• Examination of the industry structure, competition, and market shares.
• Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 2
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS 2
STUDY BACKGROUND 2
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES 3
INTENDED AUDIENCE 3
SCOPE AND FORMAT 4
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES 4
ANALYST CREDENTIALS 5
RELATED BCC RESEARCH REPORTS 5
BCC ONLINE SERVICES 6
CHAPTER 2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 8
SUMMARY TABLE PROJECTED U.S. ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY SALES, THROUGH 2018
($ MILLIONS) 8
SUMMARY FIGURE PROJECTED U.S. ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY SALES, 2012-2018 ($
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response