94. ETC status carries with it certain obligations. So that a party might obtain the required ETC designation but not be subject to those obligations unless and until it wins any
95. The Commission further decided to permit participation by a Tribally-owned or -controlled entity that at the short-form application deadline has an application for ETC designation pending for the provision of service within the boundaries of the associated Tribal land. The Commission did so to afford Tribes an increased opportunity to participate at auction, in recognition of their interest in self-government and self-provisioning on their own lands. However, allowing such participation at auction in no way prejudges the ultimate decision on a Tribally-owned or -controlled entity's petition for ETC designation. Moreover, support will be disbursed only after an applicant receives such designation. A Tribally- owned or -controlled entity that does not obtain and provide the required ETC designation will not be entitled to any support payments and may ultimately be in default in accordance with the rules. A Tribally-owned or -controlled entity whose application for ETC designation remains pending at the short-form application deadline should provide the date the application was filed, with whom (i.e., the Commission or relevant state regulatory agency), any file or case number associated with the application, and its current status. The following entities may be designated as qualifying Tribal entities: (1) Tribes, which are federally-recognized American Indian Tribes and Alaska Native Villages; (2) Tribal consortia; and (3) entities that are more than 50 percent owned and controlled by a Tribe or Tribes.
96. GRIC/GRTI supports the Commission's rule requiring an applicant to state on its short-form application that it is designated as an ETC in any area for which it will seek support or is a Tribal entity with a pending application to become an ETC in any such area, and to certify that the disclosure is accurate.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise