39. An applicant for Auction 902 must also demonstrate that it has access to the spectrum necessary to satisfy the applicable performance requirements. The requirement that parties have access to spectrum applies equally to all parties, including Tribal entities. In addition, an applicant must certify that it is financially and technically capable of providing 3G or better service.
vi. Annual Reporting and Record Retention Requirements
40. Winning bidders that are authorized to receive Tribal Mobility Fund Phase I support are required to submit to the Commission an annual report each year for the five years after being so authorized. In addition, authorized winning bidders are required to submit certain reports before receiving disbursements of support. Tribal Mobility Fund Phase I support will be available for disbursement to authorized winning bidders in three stages, with the first disbursement made when the winning bidder is authorized to receive support. A winning bidder authorized to receive Tribal Mobility Fund Phase I support and all of its agents are required to retain any documentation prepared for, or in connection with, the award of Tribal Mobility Fund Phase I support for a period of not less than ten years after the date on which the winning bidder receives its final disbursement of Tribal Mobility Fund Phase I support.
B. Auction Specifics
i. Auction Start Date
41. Bidding in Auction 902 will be held on
42. The start and finish time of bidding will be announced by public notice approximately one week before the start of the auction.
ii. Bidding Methodology
43. The bidding methodology for Auction 902 will be a single-round reverse auction format. The Commission will conduct this auction over the Internet using the FCC Auction System. Qualified bidders must bid electronically via the Internet. Telephonic bidding will not be available for Auction 902 because it will not be feasible given the number of eligible geographic areas and the manner in which bids will be uploaded.
iii. Pre-Auction Dates and Deadlines
44. The following dates and deadlines apply to Auction 902: (1) An auction tutorial will be available (via Internet) by
iv. Requirements for Participation
45. Those wishing to participate in this auction must: (1) Submit a short-form application (FCC Form 180) electronically prior to
C. Rules and Disclaimers
i. Relevant Authority
46. Prospective applicants in Auction 902 must familiarize themselves with the Commission's general universal service rules, contained in 47 CFR Part 54, and the
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal