* Radio-frequency identification (RFID)
* Process analytical technology (PAT)
* Quality by Design (QBD)
* Batch controls
* Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
* Automation and serialization project management
Prospective authors are invited to submit original contributions by
Click here (http://www.isa.org/PR13/FPID/CFP) to download a pdf on the 2014 FPID Call for Papers. For complete submission information, visit www.isafpidsymposium.com/call-for-abstracts.
More about the 2014 FPID Symposium co-chairs
For more than 25 years, Brandl has been involved in automation, MES and batch system design and implementation across a wide range of applications, including those for biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical plants and oil refineries, food manufacturing, consumer packaged goods and aerospace systems.
He has written numerous papers and articles on business-to-manufacturing integration and flexible manufacturing solutions, and writes a regular column on manufacturing IT issues in control engineering. He authored the book, Design Patterns for Flexible Manufacturing, and co-authored the book, Plant IT, Integrating Information Technology into Automated Manufacturing.
Brandl is an active member of the ISA95 Enterprise/Control System Integration committee, a co-author of the MESA B2MML standards and a member of the ISA99 standards development committee. He has served as the chairman of the ISA88 Batch System control committee, and has participated in the development of OPC and other industrial standards.
About the ISA Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Division (FPID)
The Food and Pharmaceutical Industries Division (also known as FPID) is organized within the
The FPID retains a knowledge base of design, engineering, system, software, process automation, validation, quality, research, and scientific professionals. Division members: share and enhance their personal expertise in CPG product manufacturing and packaging, pharmaceutical R&D, clinical trials, and the manufacturing of tablet formulations, parenteral and biotech products; help provide global leadership at the
For more information, visit ISA Food & Pharmaceutical Division.
TNS 24HariCha-130830-30FurigayJane-4471279 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response