"Major developments this past year include not only HSPA+ ubiquity, but rapid deployment of LTE networks, deepening smartphone capability, tablets outselling laptops and ever more sophisticated technical approaches for addressing data demands," stated
With 6 billion connections today, the 3GPP family of technologies is available on nearly 800 networks in more than 220 countries worldwide. Mobile broadband HSPA is commercialized on 476 networks in 181 countries; LTE has already been commercialized on more than 200 networks in 78 countries, with a total commitment from more than 440 operators to deploy LTE.
As HSPA+ and LTE mobile broadband penetration increases and deployment of infrastructure expands, users can engage in even more data intensive applications, spurring greater market innovation and economic benefit.
The white paper, Mobile Broadband Explosion: The 3GPP Wireless Evolution, and its accompanying slide presentation, was created in collaboration with
Add to DiggBookmark with del.icio.usAdd to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits