107. We seek comment on what the appropriate boundary limit should be. Should the limit be based on a field strength, a power flux density, or some other metric? What would the appropriate level be? We encourage all interested parties to explore this issue in this proceeding to develop a full record of the technical concerns and ramifications of such an approach. Please provide detailed technical analysis to support any proposed limit.
108. Finally, we propose that adjacent affected area licensees may voluntarily agree upon higher field strength boundary levels. This concept is already codified in the field strength rules for both PCS and AWS services, as Sprint acknowledges. Accordingly, to maintain consistency with the PCS and other AWS bands, we propose to permit adjacent area licensees to agree to a higher field strength limit.
109. Co-Channel Interference to BRS Channels 1 and 2. The AWS-1 rules include provisions that protect BRS Channel 1 (2150-2156 MHz) and
110. Canadian and Mexican Coordination. Section 27.57(c) of our rules indicates that AWS-1 and AWS-4 operations are subject to international agreements with
111. Other Technical Issues.
112. Receiver Performance. We invite comment on any potential for receiver overload interference between AWS-3 operations and non-AWS operations below 1695 MHz, above 1780 MHz, above 2025 MHz, and above 2180 MHz. If such a risk exists, we request that parties provide whatever information may be available about the characteristics of the receivers operating or likely in the future to operate in these frequencies, potential solutions to overload interference, and an assessment of the impact this might have on deployment of AWS-3 service. We also invite comment on any other receiver issues that should be considered in this proceeding that could affect the potential for harmful interference to adjacent channel receivers and usability of the AWS-3 spectrum.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod