* Email requests to appear at the Digital Trade hearing may be sent to email@example.com.
* Email requests to appear at the Trade Barriers hearing may be sent to SMEhearing@usitc.gov.
Requests to appear at either hearing should include the names of witnesses and should identify the topics to be addressed and the amount of time requested. After receiving these requests, Commission staff will notify participants of their time allotments.
Persons testifying at the hearings are encouraged to file written statements before the hearings; the deadline for filing such statements is
If statements are submitted at the hearings, persons testifying are asked to provide at least 50 copies.
Questions about appearing at the hearings should be directed to
Written submissions: In addition to or in lieu of appearing at the hearings, the USITC also welcomes written submissions for the record in connection with these investigations.
Written submissions for the Digital Trade investigation should be filed with the Secretary to the Commission by mail or email at the addresses cited above and must be received by
Written submissions for the Trade Barriers investigation should be filed with the Secretary to the Commission by mail or email at the addresses cited above and must be received by
All written submissions, except for confidential business information, will be available for public inspection.
Further information about both investigations and the hearings are available on a special section of the USITC web site devoted to these hearings at: http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/fieldhearings_2013.htm.
The USITC is an independent, nonpartisan, factfinding federal agency. USITC general factfinding investigations cover matters related to tariffs or trade and are generally conducted at the request of the U.S. Trade Representative, the
# # #
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping