is a high energy enterprise focused on engineering and applications
using 3D Metal Printing with a focus on OPTOMEC’s LENS®platform and its future derivatives. EFESTOoperates in
Two common 3D Metal Printing technologies are Powder Bed Fusion (PBF) and Directed Energy Deposition (DED). In PBF, thermal energy (typically a laser or electron beam) fuses selective regions of a powder bed in a layerwise fashion. In DED, focused thermal energy (laser) is used to create a melt pool on the deposition surface and powder metal is injected to fuse the materials in a layerwise fashion. technology&index=25&md5=e749c8472dc915fd6ec9d19e9bd26ea7">LENS® technology utilizes DED, offering unique capabilities for component repair, hybrid manufacturing, building large components, gradient metal layering and materials research including alloy discovery.
Click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24hqVj5pbuI for a LENS technology video.
LENS is a Registered Trademark of
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts