High precision foil strain gages are at the heart of many types of
transducers types. VPG’s high-resistance miniature foil strain gages
open up new transducer design opportunities by combining various sizes
with resistance values from the standard 350 O up to 20 kO, at a very
tight resistance tolerance. Together with the excellent gage-to-gage
matching, this ensures excellent circuit stability with temperature
variations and reduction of zero shifts.
VPG’s miniature strain gages can be built with standard size grids as well as miniature grids as small as 0.4 mm in length. This enables placement of the miniature strain gage directly over areas of peak surface strain, resulting in higher levels of signal output in comparison to standard strain gages. Together these features give design engineers a greater degree of freedom in their designs and help to ensure better performance, lower power consumption, and higher levels of precision, reliability, and stability.
Link to detailed product information:
Further information about the miniature foil strain gages and other VPG Micro-Measurements products is available at http://www.vishaypg.com/micro-measurements.
Director, Global MarCom
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.