Koneki is a Lua-based IDE with its first official 1.0 production release included as part of Kepler, the annual Eclipse release train. Koneki 1.0 featured updated support for the new Lua 5.2 runtime and new remote development support for the Mihini framework.
Commercial Adoption of Eclipse M2M projects
A number of new product announcements from leading M2M companies have included Eclipse M2M technology.
• Sierra Wireless AirVantage M2M Cloud platform has recently announced support for the Mihini framework that allows users to build applications running on open hardware, such as Raspberry Pi, which connect with the Sierra Wireless AirVantage Cloud Platform.
• The Sierra Wireless AirLink GX and LS series Intelligent Gateways use Mihini and Koneki as part of the ALEOS Application Framework that supports rapid development of embedded M2M applications
• The recently launched IBM MessageSight offering is a new messaging appliance designed for M2M and mobile environments. It is capable of supporting millions of concurrent sensors or smart devices and can scale up to 13 million messages per second. MessageSight supports the MQTT protocol and MQTT clients from Eclipse Paho. Sprint is the first mobile carrier to adopt IBM MessageSight and is using the technology to deliver advanced connected car services.
• Eurotech Everyware Cloud 3.0 platform allows for device-independent M2M applications to connect sensors and devices with back-end business processes and reports. Everyware Cloud 3.0 includes MQTT support from Eclipse Paho and is based on the technology proposed in the Eclipse Kura project.
• The Axeda Machine Cloud ® supports open source protocol standards including Eclipse Paho. Axeda Ready Gateways can now support MQTT networks by listening to any MQTT broker. This allows for support of local MQTT sensor and device networks as well as connectivity between MQTT device networks and the Axeda Machine Cloud.
New Members of the
IBH will join the existing members of the working group:
More information about Eclipse M2M is available at m2m.eclipse.org.
Eclipse is an open source community whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools, and runtimes for building, deploying, and managing software across the lifecycle. A large, vibrant ecosystem of major technology vendors, innovative start-ups, universities, research institutions, and individuals extend, complement, and support the Eclipse Platform.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10972285.htm
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief