2. How do you communicate planned system downtime to users How much lead time do you provide
3. What types of alerts do you have implemented that would communicate to users if the system(s) are unavailable or experiencing difficulties
4. How do you communicate to users the status of system issues when/if systems have difficulties
5. What is your standard way of communicating with customers for management issues, questions and customers communicating with you
Clearly the security of Census datasets and the access to the data sets is of utmost importance to the USCB. The public trust is very important to the agency as well as to the public. The Federal Government and USCB have very strict access and security requirements. These security requirements are outlined in Census Bureau IT Security Program Policy, the DOC IT Security Program Policy and NIST SP 800-53r4I. The following questions assume that each provider responding has read these requirements and is answering the questions with the understanding of what security requirements must be met in order to host this USCB initiative. 1. Please explain how data is secured in your environment and what day to day protections are in place to ensure this security.
2. Users of Census data sets are not allowed to visually or technically comingle data between two or more datasets. How could this requirement be met in your environment
3. How are logical access protections implemented in your environment
4. What security controls are implemented (i.e., physical and electronic)
5. Have you obtained a FISMA Authority To Operate (ATO) for a segmented HPC environment at least at the Moderate Level for Federal Systems or a FedRAMP Provisional ATO Can you also meet the security standards in
6. Have you ever stored/managed
7. How much experience do you have managing all types of "sensitive" data in accordance with the various rules established by its owners and users (e.g., title 26 data)
8. Due to the sensitivity of the data in the Census data sets, data cannot be commingled with other customers' data when backups are done. Data backups must also be stored in the secured environments away from other customers' backups. Can this requirement be met in your environment How
9. Do you have the capability to restore individual files from backups on-demand What is the process to restore systems/ individual files. How long does it take to restore individual files
10. Due to the sensitivity of the data in the Census data sets any SAN or local disk that had ever contained Census data must be destroyed at the end of the contract or when disk is being replaced due to technical issues or refreshed. A manager from the contractor would have to attest to this in writing to Census or we would have to send someone out to verify. Could this requirement be met in your environment How What costs would be incurred by the BOC in order to meet this requirement
11. What security tools do you have that audit and alert on potential or actual security incidents within the HPC
12. How would you report this to the
13. Do you have firewalls, IDS/IPS and anti-virus software installed and active in your HPC environment Costs: (for the following questions please provide as much information as possible so that USCB can assess the cost of implementing the service).
COST 1. What is the pricing structure for the HPC service (e.g., by user, processing time, resource loading, etc.) Please provide your most current information. Also provide any discounts/added costs provided based on volume.
2. What is the pricing structure for storage (please take into account USCB requirements (approximately 100TB - 300TB of data and that data cannot be commingled and that storage devices must be destroyed after use).
3. What is the pricing structure for backup and restore services What is included in these costs
4. What is the pricing structure for application support What is included in these costs
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List