The USCB's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy. The USCB operates under Title 13 of the U.S. Code and complies with other Federal agency' security requirements (
* Mandated by the U.S. Constitution,
* Used to determine the distribution of Congressional seats to states,
* Used to apportion seats in the
* Used to define legislature districts, school district assignment areas and other important functional areas of government.
* Used to to make decisions about what community services to provide.
* An internal Management and Approval System (for internal and external projects)
* An external Management System (for external researchers)
* An identity Management component (that manages access, rights, file permissions)
* Server infrastructure connected to approximately 200 TB of data.
A key assumption to this request is that the Management and Approval systems for researchers would remain at the USCB and thus, the providers of an external HPC environment would need to be able to interface with our systems via a secure encrypted Virtual Private Network that is controlled by two-factor authentication. A document and diagram showing our proposed architecture is included with this
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines