NIH enjoys a great deal of respect from the
The NIH Business System (NBS) Program is committed to fostering NIH's mission through the provision of:
* Secure, accurate, and timely business transaction capabilities that enable the NIH scientific community and supporting organizations to acquire needed assets, goods and services.
* Accurate source information that facilitates knowledgeable decision making by the NIH management community regarding budgets, finance, acquisitions, supply/replenishment, property, grants, and travel.
* Improving transparency and accountability of all NBS accounting data.
The NIH Business System (NBS) software applications are currently comprised of:
* Oracle Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) suite which includes the Access Application Controls Governor (AACG), Configuration Controls Governor (CCG), Preventative Controls Governor (PCG), Transaction Controls Governor (TCG), and GRC Manager and Intelligence for NIH-wide Enterprise Risk Assessment
* Sunflower Asset Management application,
* Compusearch PRISM contract management module,
* GSA e-Travel System - GovTrip -
* NIH Patient Travel Module,
* SmartPay II Purchase Card Module,
* Inter/Intra Agency Agreements and Reimbursable Agreements,
* Interfaces including Web interfaces that enable sharing or exchange of data with other business systems.
It also includes special purpose peripheral devices employed for data capture or output (such as hand-held scanners and wireless printers), and supporting tools and modules that facilitate operations, maintenance and support (such as UC4 production operations scheduler).
The scope of the NBS Program includes:
* Operations support and maintenance of the following NBS components: Federal Administrator, Finance, Acquisitions, Supply, Property, Travel (employee, patient and sponsored travel), i-Supplier, Project Accounting, Grants Integration, and other NBS Web interfaces,
* Integration support of remaining Administrative Database (ADB) functionality including Fellowship Pay, Animal Procurement,
* Enhancement or upgrade of NBS functionality in response to demands that arise from Congressional,
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs