* "600 series:" preamble discussion, pages 22661-22663 and 22691; regulatory text, page 22727.
* Definition of "component:" regulatory text, page 22727.
* Definitions of "end item" and "part:" regulatory text, page 22728.
* Definition of "specially designed:" preamble discussion, pages 22682-22691; regulatory text, pages 22728-22729.
* "Dual licensing:" preamble discussion, page 22664-22665; regulatory text, page 22707.
* License Exceptions TMP, RPL, GOV, TSU and STA: preamble discussion, pages 22669-22674; regulatory text, pages 22709-22720 and 22726.
* "Order of review": preamble discussion, page 22704; regulatory text, pages 22735-22736.
Public Comments on the
BIS received comments from 17 organizations and one individual, proposing a number of ideas for revising the proposed rule.
Comment: Several commenters expressed general approval of transferring some military items from the USML. As part of their comments, they noted that (i) electronic parts and components are rarely almost exclusively available from
Response: BIS agrees and these comments are consistent with the second proposed rule.
Comment: Some commenters expressed concern that the rule did not refer to a
Response: In accordance with Executive Order 12981, as amended, the
Comment: A commenter recommended adding an interpretation to Part 770 clarifying that items subject to a parameter-based CCL entry will be controlled by such entry if the item meets the parameter at the time of export, and not by whether it has potential capability (e.g., dormant capability) to meet the control, so long as the additional capability cannot be executed by the end-user without additional activity by the exporters. Exporters would be required to obtain any necessary authorizations to activate such a capability for a customer.
Response: Items with characteristics that are within the scope of the parameters of a particular ECCN are classified under that ECCN. BIS believes that no change is needed to the regulatory text from what was published in the
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October