Paragraph .e would control high frequency (HF) surface wave radar capable of "tracking" surface targets on oceans.
In this proposed rule, microelectronic devices and printed circuit boards that are certified to be a `trusted device' from a
Paragraphs .f, .g, and .h in this proposed rule apply respectively to: (1) Application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) and programmable logic devices (PLD) programmed for 600 series items; (2) printed circuit boards and populated circuit card assemblies whose layout is "specially designed" for 600 series items; and (3) multichip modules for which the pattern or layout is "specially designed" for 600 series items. These commodities were not explicitly included in the
Each of the foregoing ECCN 3A611 paragraphs describes electronic items that BIS understands to be inherently military or otherwise exclusively designed and manufactured for military use. BIS encourages the public to test this understanding and identify items, if any, that fall within the scope of these new ECCNs that are in normal commercial use. If so, the comments should provide details on such commercial applications. In particular, BIS asks the public to comment on whether the controls in proposed new paragraphs 3A611.c (
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says