Following in-depth evaluations for the adjustment of our site footprint, our global expert team came up with sound proposals to improve our cost base by
Following the sale of our Performance Urethanes business at the end of 2012, we have continued in the first half, to review our business portfolio. Today we announce the decision to begin the carveout process for our Wood Treatment business. We will evaluate all strategic options for this business and for its future development. In addition - following a strategic review of the Teva-Lonza Joint Venture (TL-JV) - we have decided together with
In all these actions, our aim is to secure Lonza's long-term sustainable growth and to serve our customers with a sound and innovative portfolio and the most robust and efficient network possible. I am confident these changes will get us there."
•CORE EBIT increased by 9.8% to
Lonza has started to further strengthen its market position through concentration on key markets, product portfolio optimization, and a focus on serving global megatrends. With our improved manufacturing network in place, available capacities will be highly utilized over the next few years, resulting in an increased return on net operating assets.
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag