BRONX, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/18/13 -- Summer outdoors should extend beyond the confines of backyard grilling -- gatherings and great food become adventures when enjoyed in communion with nature. Though, away from the convenience of home base, food preparation can be daunting, and the eating experience disastrous, without thoughtful planning.
Culinary experts and outdoor enthusiasts share tips, recipes and favorite foods to help make the most of glorious summer. Here are five tips for blending awesome nature with scrumptious food:
1. Pack to Play - According to Richard Yost, Sysco Connecticut Corporate Chef, "When menu planning and packing up for an outdoor feast, avoid anything that spoils, spills or gets soggy. Skip the mayo salads, pre-loaded sub sandwiches and anything that could get runny or rancid."
2. Campfire Cooking: Chops + Sticks - Summers are short, so celebrating the season with friends and family outdoors requires the ultimate celebratory meal. "For centuries and countless cultures, nothing signifies celebration more than lamb," says Chef Yost. "When cooking over a magnificent fire, strive for simple grandeur. I can't think of anything that gives off such intense flavor and both the crispy, yet juicy, finish you'd crave when dining alfresco than fresh, U.S.-raised lamb. Its tender texture, yet robust taste, is totally satisfying."
Chef Yost suggests two easy, amazing Cedar Springs Lamb preparations for campfire or portable grilling occasions. Lamb Chops simply seasoned with herbs, garlic, salt & pepper; or on a stick -- either chunks of juicy meat or ground, seasoned with a delectable Middle Eastern flair and shaped snuggly on a stick. These Moroccan Lamb Kabobs acquiesce to the flame for an utterly awesome outdoor grilled taste.
3. Seasonal Delights - Look to seasonal produce harvests for the ultimate ripe, fresh and flavorful menus. To reap the flavors of summer harvest, Chef Chuck Kerber, author of pittsburghhotplate.com, created this sure-fire favorite picnic or luxury campfire recipe. "These Cedar Springs Veal Asian Lettuce Wraps are compact, hand-held carriers; marrying different crunchy, textured, in-season lettuces with sweet and savory fillings," says Chef Chuck.
4. Portable Picnic Pleasures - Consider the length of time outdoors and opt for fresh and simple elegance. "Instead of ordinary cold-cuts," says Chef Chuck, "grill ahead and pack thinly sliced Cedar Springs Nature Veal -- home-grown in the U.S. Stored in a cooler in air-tight containers, Cedar Springs Veal is gloriously tender and pairs nicely with easy-to-pack-and-keep fruit chutneys, which bring out its natural smooth, buttery flavor. It's a truly easy and unforgettable picnic fare."
5. Easy, Pleasing Grazing - Lazy, hazy summer days outdoors lend themselves to grazing, so have plenty of mix-and-match dips and foods for creative combinations as the day turns to night. Leftover veal can join pickled veggies for a great antipasto. Or serve cold veal with a drizzle of make-ahead caper sauce, blending lemon juice, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, capers, olive oil, fresh thyme, parsley, salt & pepper. Chunks of grilled lamb can be "reinvented" when appetites heighten after hikes or play by serving them with a white bean dip and cherry tomatoes, or nestled in flatbread with orange blossom honey, fresh mint and arugula.
Recipes and Exciting Prizes
With these chef-inspired tips, recipes and fresh, fine ingredients, grazing in the wilderness or on picnic grounds was never more gratifying! For recipes and a chance to win exciting giveaways, visit www.mountainstatesrosen.com.
About Mountain States Rosen
MSR is committed to providing the finest lamb and veal in the country and has received the global Safe Quality Food Institute's top-ranked food safety certification: SQF Level 3. As a producer-owned company, the MSR family adheres to responsible raising practices, land management and conservation. Cedar Springs brand is USDA "all natural" and consistently tender and juicy. For more information, visit http://www.mountainstatesrosen.com.
About the American Lamb Board
The American Lamb Board is an industry-funded research and promotions commodity board that represents all sectors of the American Lamb industry including producers, feeders, seed stock producers and processors. The Board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, is focused on increasing demand by promoting the freshness, flavor, nutritional benefits and culinary versatility of American Lamb. The work of the American Lamb Board is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Programs are supported and implemented by Denver, CO staff.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2359237
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Hispanic #1 Breaking News for Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Small Business Owners - HispanicBusiness.com
OCTOBER 31, 2014
|Customer Service||Policy||Advertise||Site Tools|
|HispanicBusiness Services||Editorial Guidelines||Ad Specifications||Magazine Archive|
|List Rental Agreement||About Us||Media Kits||Post Your Event|
|HireDiversity Job Search||Editorial Calendar||Research|
© 2014 HispanicBusiness Inc. All Rights Reserved.