4. Portable Picnic Pleasures - Consider the length of time outdoors and opt for fresh and simple elegance. "Instead of ordinary cold-cuts," says Chef Chuck, "grill ahead and pack thinly sliced Cedar Springs Nature Veal -- home-grown in the U.S. Stored in a cooler in air-tight containers, Cedar Springs Veal is gloriously tender and pairs nicely with easy-to-pack-and-keep fruit chutneys, which bring out its natural smooth, buttery flavor. It's a truly easy and unforgettable picnic fare."
5. Easy, Pleasing Grazing - Lazy, hazy summer days outdoors lend themselves to grazing, so have plenty of mix-and-match dips and foods for creative combinations as the day turns to night. Leftover veal can join pickled veggies for a great antipasto. Or serve cold veal with a drizzle of make-ahead caper sauce, blending lemon juice, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, capers, olive oil, fresh thyme, parsley, salt & pepper. Chunks of grilled lamb can be "reinvented" when appetites heighten after hikes or play by serving them with a white bean dip and cherry tomatoes, or nestled in flatbread with orange blossom honey, fresh mint and arugula.
Recipes and Exciting Prizes
With these chef-inspired tips, recipes and fresh, fine ingredients, grazing in the wilderness or on picnic grounds was never more gratifying! For recipes and a chance to win exciting giveaways, visit www.mountainstatesrosen.com.
About Mountain States Rosen
MSR is committed to providing the finest lamb and veal in the country and has received the global Safe Quality Food Institute's top-ranked food safety certification: SQF Level 3. As a producer-owned company, the MSR family adheres to responsible raising practices, land management and conservation. Cedar Springs brand is USDA "all natural" and consistently tender and juicy. For more information, visit http://www.mountainstatesrosen.com.
About the American Lamb Board
The American Lamb Board is an industry-funded research and promotions commodity board that represents all sectors of the American Lamb industry including producers, feeders, seed stock producers and processors. The Board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, is focused on increasing demand by promoting the freshness, flavor, nutritional benefits and culinary versatility of American Lamb. The work of the American Lamb Board is overseen by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Programs are supported and implemented by Denver, CO staff.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2359237
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition