A total of 35 diamond drill holes totalling 8,174 metres were drilled in the Kayali area in 2010 and 2011. (Significant intersections are highlighted in the link below. Drill results were announced in the May 10, 2011 Pilot Gold release, Pilot Gold Adds Copper and Silver to TV Tower Gold Property).
For a comprehensive table of Kayali drilling from 2010 to 2011, please click:
For a property map showing areas proposed for 2013 drilling, please click:
(1) The proximity to Alamos Gold's Kirazli and Agi Dagi projects does not mean Pilot Gold will obtain similar results at Kayali. TV Tower is an early stage exploration project and does not contain any mineral resource estimates as defined by National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects ("NI 43-101"). The potential quantities and grades disclosed herein are conceptual in nature and there has been insufficient exploration to define a mineral resource for the targets disclosed herein. It is uncertain if further exploration will result in these targets yielding a mineral resource.
About TV Tower:
TV Tower is a joint venture between Pilot Gold (40%) and Teck Madencilik Sanayi Ticaret A.S. (TMST) (60%), a Turkish subsidiary of Teck Resources Limited ("Teck"). Pilot Gold is project operator at TV Tower and can increase its interest in the project to 60%, through sole funding of exploration over a three-year period. (See press release dated June 21, 2012 for full details of the agreement terms.)
Located on the Biga peninsula in northwest Turkey, TV Tower encompasses 71 square kilometres. It contains a large number of targets ranging from high- and low-sulphidation epithermal gold-silver to porphyry gold-copper. The project has an extensive road network and targets to date all lie on land administered by Turkey's Ministry of Forestry. It is located immediately west of the Kirazli gold project (Alamos Gold) and approximately 10 kilometres northwest of the Halilaga copper-gold project (Teck/Pilot Gold).
Subject to permitting, Pilot Gold has budgeted for 30,000 metres of drilling at TV Tower in 2013, including a second-year 15,000-metre drill program launched at the KCD target on March 23, 2013. Pilot Gold also plans to drill additional targets throughout the year upon receipt of permits.
Moira Smith, Ph.D., P.Geo., Chief Geologist, Pilot Gold, is the Company's designated Qualified Person for this news release within the meaning of NI 43-101 and has reviewed and validated that the technical information contained in the release is accurate. Drill samples and analytical data at TV Tower relating to the prior years' exploration campaigns were collected under the supervision of TMST, using industry standard QA-QC protocols. Dr. Smith has not verified all the data, however, TMST has given her no reason to doubt their authenticity. Dr. Smith has consented to the inclusion of the technical information in the form and context in which it appears in this news release.
ABOUT PILOT GOLD
Pilot Gold is a well-funded gold exploration company led by a proven technical team that continues to discover and define high-quality assets featuring strong grades, meaningful size and mining-friendly addresses. Our three key assets include interests in the TV Tower and Halilaga projects in Turkey, and the Kinsley Mountain project in Nevada, each of which has the ability to become a foundational asset. We also have a pipeline of projects characterized by large land positions and district-wide potential that can meet our growth needs for years to come.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs