SAUSALITO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/01/13 -- Glassdoor, the most transparent career community in the world, announces the inaugural Talent Warrior Awards designed to recognize talent acquisition and recruiting leaders who excel in the area of social recruiting. Seventy-nine percent of job seekers plan to use social media in their job search, according to Glassdoor Research, and the awards help to showcase those individuals who develop and apply creative and innovative approaches when it comes to using social media to reach and recruit top talent.
Winners will be determined by the Glassdoor Social Leaders Panel who will evaluate nominees on their approach to social recruiting and how they, and if applicable their teams, effectively use social media to help promote their company's employment brand and support hiring efforts. The panel includes: Rusty Rueff, Glassdoor board director and former head of HR for both Electronic Arts and PepsiCo; Kris Dunn, CHRO at Kinetix as well as founder of HR Capitalist and Fistful of Talent; China Gorman, CEO at CMG Group and former COO for the Society of Human Resource Management; Shannon Seery Gude, vice president of digital & social strategy for Bernard HODES Group, an Omnicom Group Company; and Jessica Miller-Merrell, CEO of Xceptional HR and founder of Blogging4Jobs.
To be considered for a Glassdoor Talent Warrior Award, social recruiting leaders may be nominated by peers, or self-nominate. More than one person per company can be nominated, though only one person per company can win. It takes less than a minute to fill out the nomination form. Once nominated, nominees are then asked to complete a brief online questionnaire which includes both quantitative and qualitative questions to help assess the individual's social recruiting efforts. The deadline for nominations is July 31, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Winners will be announced in August 2013.
Nominate a Glassdoor Talent Warrior: http://bit.ly/GDTWEnter
Once a person nominates a peer or themselves, they are also encouraged to post the following tweet and then be automatically entered to win a $100 Amazon gift card.(1)
Social Recruiting Rocks! Just entered the @Glassdoor #TalentWarrior Awards http://bit.ly/GDTWEnter
To qualify as a Talent Warrior, nominees must currently have a director level title or above, and they must have worked at the same company in a talent acquisition and/or recruiter role for at least the past 6 months. Each Talent Warrior nominee must also have a Glassdoor Free Employer Account(2) and his or her employer must have at least 10 company reviews and 10 interview reviews in the past 12 months on Glassdoor. Reviews must be published on Glassdoor before July 31, 2013.
(1) Glassdoor employees are not eligible for the Amazon gift card. Recipients of the gift card will be selected at random by Glassdoor. Up to 10 people will be rewarded.
(2) Official company representatives (e.g. executives, HR professionals, talent acquisition experts, recruiters, etc.) are eligible to sign up for a free employer account but must sign up using a work email address. Other benefits of an employer account include the ability to respond to company reviews, manage basic company information, add photos and awards, get unlimited access to Glassdoor, and more. Sign up for a free employer account.
Glassdoor is the most transparent career community in the world that is changing the way people find jobs and companies recruit top talent. Founded in 2007, Glassdoor offers members the latest job listings, as well as access to proprietary user-generated content including company-specific salary reports, ratings and reviews, CEO approval ratings, interview questions and reviews, office photos and more. Members also have the ability to see Inside Connections at particular companies via their Facebook network. In addition, thousands of employers are using Glassdoor's suite of social recruiting solutions that support employment branding and recruiting efforts. Glassdoor is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Battery Ventures and DAG Ventures. More information about Glassdoor can be found on its blog, and by following the company on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists