- Bayonetta 2: Developed by PlatinumGames, the game's title character has had a makeover that gives her a new hairstyle and costume. Her climactic abilities are more powerful and the action is as intense as ever. The game is scheduled to launch in 2014.
- A brand new title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. The creative force behind Xenoblade Chronicles is creating an open world for players to explore. Players can ride human-shaped robots at certain points in the game, or use the robots to battle enemies in the sky. The game is scheduled to launch in 2014.
- Wii Party U: This is a game that's perfect for every kind of party. It includes 80 different brand new minigames and what we are calling "Tabletop Minigames," which you can play with just the GamePad. The game is scheduled to launch later this year.
- Art Academy title for Wii U: A new instalment of the Art Academy series is in development. In advance of its launch, a new drawing tool taking some features of the new game will be released on Nintendo eShop this summer, just for Miiverse artists.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: The highly anticipated new entry in Nintendo's popular fighting franchise will arrive for Wii U in 2014.
- Wii Fit U: Although this game was previously announced to launch in spring or summer this year, it is now scheduled to launch this winter.
Nintendo 3DS News
- Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: The first games in the core Pokemon series to appear on Nintendo 3DS launch worldwide on 12th October. The games introduce an 18th Pokemon type: Fairy Pokemon, and have an upgraded graphical look that is a new artistic pinnacle for the franchise. A new feature called "Pokemon-Amie" lets players have a deeper connection with their Pokemon. They can pet them, feed them and form friendships with them.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: The handheld counterpart to the Wii U version will also arrive in 2014.
At the Show
Additional games that were not mentioned in the Nintendo Direct but are playable at E3 include:
- Pikmin 3: This game is in a genre all its own. Players take command of three explorers and a legion of adorable Pikmin in a fight for survival. By employing the unique abilities of these tiny Pikmin creatures, players will solve puzzles, battle dangerous predators and recover food needed to save the explorers' depleted home planet. The game launches 26th July.
- New Super Luigi U: Luigi takes centre stage in his first starring role in a platform adventure. Players can show off their skills as Luigi, complete with his trademark high jump and unique slide, as they experience more than 80 new courses set in the world of New Super Mario Bros. U. For people who already own New Super Mario Bros. U, the new Luigi content launches as downloadable content in the Nintendo eShop on 20th June 20. A standalone retail version of the game that does not require the original launches 26th July.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic(i) Winter Games: The game includes a variety of events from the Winter Games, including bobsleigh, skiing, figure skating pairs and snowboard slope style - which will make its Olympic Games debut in Sochi, Russia. Different events might use the Wii Remote Plus controller, Wii U GamePad controller or both. In addition to realistic events, the game also includes those set in the worlds of Sonic and Mario that let players perform moves not possible in real life. The game is scheduled to launch towards the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts