As at May 10, 2013, the Company had 16,379,675 shares outstanding
(1) Hospitality revenue and hospitality expenses have been reclassified for previously reported quarters of 2012 as the result of a reclassification of loyalty expenses so that they reduce hospitality revenue rather than being grouped with hospitality expenses. This reclassification will result in changes to hospitality revenue and hospitality expenses throughout this MD&A as well as to any other measures calculated with hospitality revenue as a basis. Gross margin and net loss have not been impacted by this reclassification.
(2) Items represent non-GAAP financial measures.
ROYAL HOST INC.
Royal Host is a diversified hospitality company that delivers shareholder value through hotel ownership, management, investment and franchising. The Company's hotels, which contain approximately 2,824 rooms, are located in five Provinces and Territories across Canada. Many of the Company's hotels operate under internationally recognized brands such as Travelodge®, Super 8®, Holiday Inn®, and Hilton®. In addition to its real estate holdings, the Company owns and operates the Travelodge Canada franchise business which is currently comprised of over 90 hotels across nine Provinces and Territories.
Royal Host's common shares and convertible debentures are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbols "RYL", "RYL.DB.B", "RYL.DB.C" and "RYL.DB.D" respectively.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements relating, but not limited to, Royal Host's operations, anticipated financial performance, business prospects, and strategies. Forward-looking information typically contains statements with words such as "anticipate", "does not anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "forecast", "intend", "expect", "does not expect", "could", "may", "would", "will", "should", "budgeted", "plan" or other similar terms and expressions suggesting future outcomes. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties, and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from future results expressed, projected, or implied by such forward-looking statements. Readers are therefore cautioned that Royal Host's expectations, estimates and assumptions, although considered reasonable, may prove to be incorrect and readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements contained herein are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties, and other factors that are difficult to predict, and could result in the outcome of such events being materially different from those intended, planned, anticipated, believed, estimated, or expected in this news release. Such factors and assumptions include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions, levels of travel in Royal Host's key market areas, political conditions and events, competitive pressures, changes in government policy or regulations, and lodging industry conditions. Royal Host does not undertake any obligation to update or release any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances, unanticipated events or circumstances, or should its estimates or assumptions change, after the date hereof, except as expressly required by law.
This press release contains registered trademarks that are the exclusive property of their respective owners. None of the owners of these trademarks has any responsibility or liability for any information contained in this press release.
Royal Host Inc.
Chief Financial Officer
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- WTO Makes Progress on Trade Deal
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data