(1) Certain prior period amounts have been restated due to the adoption of amended IAS 19, Employee Benefits and IFRS 11, Joint Arrangements. Further details can be found in the Company's unaudited interim consolidated financial statements.
(2) With the pending sale of Canfor's 50% interest in Canfor-LP OSB Limited Partnership ("Canfor-LP OSB"), equity income (comprising operating income) from the joint venture of $11.0 million for the first quarter of 2013 has not been recognized in the Company's current quarter results due to held for sale accounting requirements.
Additional Information and Conference Call
A conference call to discuss the first quarter's financial and operating results will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 8:00 AM Pacific time. To participate in the call, please dial 416-340-2218 or Toll-Free 866-226-1793. For instant replay access until May 31, 2013, please dial 800-408-3053 and enter participant pass code 7426712#. The conference call will be webcast live and will be available at www.canfor.com. This news release, the attached financial statements and a presentation used during the conference call can be accessed via the Company's website at http://www.canfor.com/investor-relations/webcasts.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements" which involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Words such as "expects", "anticipates", "projects", "intends", "plans", "will", "believes", "seeks", "estimates", "should", "may", "could", and variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current expectations and beliefs and actual events or results may differ materially. There are many factors that could cause such actual events or results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by such statements. Forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and the Company assumes no obligation to update such information to reflect later events or developments, except as required by law.
Canfor is a leading integrated forest products company based in Vancouver, British Columbia (BC) with interests in BC, Alberta, Quebec, and North and South Carolina. The Company produces primarily softwood lumber and also produces oriented strand board (OSB), specialized wood products and bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp (BCTMP). Canfor also owns a 50.2% interest in Canfor Pulp Products Inc., which is one of the largest producers of northern softwood kraft pulp in Canada and a leading producer of high performance kraft paper. Canfor shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol CFP.
First Quarter 2013
Management's Discussion and Analysis
This interim Management's Discussion and Analysis ("MD&A") provides a review of Canfor Corporation's ("Canfor" or "the Company") financial performance for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 relative to the quarters ended December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, and the financial position of the Company at March 31, 2013. It should be read in conjunction with Canfor's unaudited interim consolidated financial statements and accompanying notes for the quarters ended March 31, 2013 and 2012, as well as the 2012 annual MD&A and the 2012 audited consolidated financial statements and notes thereto, which are included in Canfor's Annual Report for the year ended December 31, 2012 (available at www.canfor.com). The financial information in this interim MD&A has been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"), which is the required reporting framework for Canadian publicly accountable enterprises.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November