"We are disappointed with such results and are committed to pursue our optimization plan, reducing the level of indebtedness and achieving our sales strategy to diversify and increase market share to improve our performance. We will also benefit from the formal review of our strategic alternatives centered on our US automotive parts distribution activities to leverage our assets, expertise and capabilities" added Mr. Roy.
During the quarter, the Corporation has continued the implementation of its distribution network optimization plan resulting in closing seven corporate stores and moving its US national DC within an existing facility. Furthermore, as per its objective to firmly manage its working capital, the Corporation has been able to generate more cash flow from operating activities despite a lower EBITDA.
Finally, the Board of Directors of Uni-Select declared a dividend of CAD$0.13 per share payable on July 19, 2013 to shareholders of record on June 30, 2013. This dividend is an eligible dividend for tax purposes.
Uni-Select will host a conference call to discuss its 2013 first quarter results on May 1, 2013 at 4 PM (EST). To join the conference, dial 1 866 696-5910 followed by 8567461.
Founded in 1968, Uni-Select is a major distributor of replacement parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in North America. Leader in the Canadian industry, Uni-Select is the 6th largest distributor in the United States and the leading independent distributor of automotive paint and related products in the country. With its 6,000 employees, Uni-Select efficiently services a wide network of independent installers and wholesalers, including over 6,200 that operate under its banner programs in North America. Uni-Select is headquartered in Boucherville and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol UNS.
The information provided in this press release includes some forward-looking information, which includes certain risks and uncertainties, which may cause the final results to be significantly different from those listed or implied within this news release. For additional information with respect to risks and uncertainties, refer to the Annual Report filed by Uni-Select with the Canadian securities commissions. The forward-looking information contained herein is made as of the date of this press release, and Uni-Select does not undertake to publicly update such forward-looking information to reflect new information, subsequent or otherwise, unless required by applicable securities laws.
The following terms do not have any standardized meaning according to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). As a result, they are therefore unlikely to be comparable to similar measures presented by other corporations.
(1) "EBITDA" represents operating profit before finance costs, depreciation and amortization, equity income, net gain on disposal of property and equipment, income taxes and net earnings attributable to non-controlling interests. This measure is a financial indicator of a corporation's ability to service and incur debt. It should not be considered by an investor as an alternative to sales or net earnings, as an indicator of operating performance or cash flows, or as a measure of liquidity, but as additional information.
(2) "Adjusted EBITDA" is used to assess adjusted EBITDA, adjusted earnings and adjusted earnings per share to assess EBITDA from operating activities, excluding certain adjustments which may affect the comparability of the Corporation's financial results. Management is of the view that these measures are more representative of the Corporation's operational performance and more appropriate in providing additional information.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response