A brachioplasty requires an incision from the elbow to the armpit, generally on the back of the arm, leaving a visible and permanent scar. "It's a trade off. We get rid of the skin, but we leave a scar," said Dr. Reath. "So, as long as there's enough improvement to be made in the shape of the arm to justify the scar, then it's a great procedure."
For more new statistics on trends in plastic surgery including gender, age, regional, average fees and other breakouts, refer to the ASPS 2012 National Clearinghouse of Plastic Surgery Procedural Statistics report at http://www.plasticsurgery.org/news-and-resources/2012-plastic-surgery-statistics.html. Information about procedures and referrals to ASPS Member Surgeons can be found at www.PlasticSurgery.org.
HD VIDEO, SOTS, PHOTOS ETC: bit.ly/14STmA2
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the world's largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons. With more than 7,000 members, ASPS comprises more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. The Society represents physicians certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Visit ASPS at PlasticSurgery.org or Facebook.com/PlasticSurgeryASPS and Twitter.com/ASPS_News.
*Poll was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons from March 28-April 1, 2013, among 1,219 women, ages 18 and older. This online poll is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
Embedded Video Available
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2295257
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2295262
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Brothel Write-offs Cost Taxpayers Millions, Coburn Says
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy
- GLAAD Denounces 'Duck Dynasty' Star for Remarks About Gays