TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/17/13 -- Today, on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Degrassi's Luke Bilyk; twice-nominated Gemini actress, Ashley Leggat; Juno nominated recording artist, Danny Fernandes; rap sensation, Lil JaXe; and singer/songwriter Jesse Labelle join a line-up of young superstars at the only youth-run empowerment event in Canada - Count Me In Conference (CMIC).
The radical event, uniting 1500 students representing over 60 schools from across Ontario at The Mississauga Living Arts Centre, will influence youth-driven social change through volunteerism.
The innovative Conference is being organized entirely by a team of teenagers, lead by Count Me In founder, Shane Feldman.
Count Me In Conference will impact students with a groundbreaking line-up of speakers and entertainers, uniting to share powerful messages, and inspiring students to volunteer.
CMIC 2013 Speakers and Performers:
- Luke Bilyk - Host of CMIC 2013; Actor ("Drew Torres" on Degrassi)
- Danny Fernandes - Juno Nominated Recording Artist
- Ashley Leggat - Twice-Nominated Gemini Actress (Life With Derek, Criminal Minds)
- Jesse Labelle - Canadian Singer/Songwriter
- Lil JaXe - aka "Jake Zeldin", 13 Year Old Canadian Rapper
- Kristin Chenoweth - Tony & Emmy® Award Winner (via video)
- Rick Mercer - Comedian, Television Personality, Political Satirist (via video)
- Sarena Parmar - Actress (Flashpoint, Degrassi); Plan Canada Ambassador
- Wesley Prankard - 14 year old Activist, Founder of "Northern Starfish" Attawapiskat initiative
- Maddie Cranston - 9 year old Ocean Warrior, Activist, and Environmentalist
- Scott Hammell - Guinness World Record setting Escape Artist and Stuntman
- Simon Jackson - Founder of "The Spirit Bear Youth Coalition"
- Annaleise Carr - Youngest person in history to swim across Lake Ontario
- David Edward Garcia - Comedian, one of the Top Youth Speakers in North America
- Mark Black - Heart & Double-Lung Transplant Recipient turned 4-time Marathon Runner
- Julia & Emma Mogus - Teen founders of "Books With No Bounds"
- Trevor Bodogh - Bicycle Action Performer, one of the most advanced cyclists in the world
- Bill Johnson - Motivational Speaker, Teacher, Pilot, and Youth Leadership Expert
- Sunjay Nath - World Renown Speaker; Author of "The ABCs of Student Leadership"
- Shane Feldman - 18 year old Founder of "Count Me In"
With the support of Presenting Sponsors TD Bank Group and Fabricland, Count Me In Conference will bring together over 50 Canadian charities and organizations showcasing a selection of opportunities for students to match their interests with community services. Working together under one roof, these organizations hope to ignite a spark within the youth audience, and engage them in volunteer opportunities. The nature of Count Me In is to inspire youth to connect with one another and with their communities through volunteerism. The day will shine a light on the importance of community connection, teamwork, leadership and charity involvement.
The conference will launch the Count Me In Contest, which challenges youth across the country to "count themselves in" when it comes to community services. For every volunteer hour a student logs online with Count Me In, they will receive one ballot into the contest. Thanks to the support of Student Life Network and Breakaway Tours, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for 3 to Toronto to experience Count Me In Conference 2014 next Spring! All Canadian students in grades 8-12 as of September 2013 are eligible, and can begin logging their hours at www.cmimovement.com.
The inspiration will be spread from coast to coast in a one hour special which will be broadcast online on Wednesday, May 29th, at 8:00PM E.T. at www.cmimovement.com.
Note to Press:Time:Show begins at 9:00AM and runs until 1:45PM, with the Charity MarketplaceAfterparty running from 1:45PM - 2:45PM.Venue:The Living Arts Centre4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga
Interview and photo/video opportunities available throughout the day.
Visit the Count Me In ONLINE PRESS ROOM for assets including:
- High resolution photos and multimedia - Background information on Count Me In
Count Me In