Together with specialists in child psychiatry and art therapy, an analysis of 30 years experience led the New York plastic surgeon to write a landmark article: "Children's Art as a Helpful Index of Anxiety and Self-Esteem with Plastic Surgery" (Journal of Plastic Surgery: 109:6 May 2002). This authorship led to a writing of his position paper on teenage plastic surgery for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Currently, Dr. Lukash's collection is in a traveling exhibit called "Operation Art."
In 2010, Dr. Lukash published the critically acclaimed book, "The Safe and Sane Guide to Teenage Plastic Surgery" (BenBella Books, Dallas TX). It is regarded as a breakthrough publication appealing to both professionals and consumers on the topic of plastic surgery among adolescents and teens.
His strong commitment to community service has resulted in volunteering his time and expertise to "Surgical Aid to Children of the World" and "Operation Smile," as well as local foster and adoption agencies so that "young innocents may have a better quality of life." In addition to being honored by the Chief Executive of Nassau County for this service, Dr. Lukash was also recognized by the United States Olympic Committee for service at the summer games.
Additionally, Dr. Lukash holds staff appointments at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Cohen Children's Hospital, North Shore University Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Winthrop-University Hospital, and Lenox Hill Hospital where he treats both adult cosmetic and pediatric/adolescent body image patients.
About Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
As the largest and longest-running private plastic surgery practice in the U.S., Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) has been dedicated to providing the highest level of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery care for 65 years. Spanning ten specialty centers, LIPSG offers a comprehensive range of procedures ranging from liposuction and breast augmentation, to tummy tuck surgery and post-bariatric surgery. For more information about LIPSG, visit their practice website at lipsg.com or their Aesthetic Center website at aestheticcenter.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2278109
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Long Island Plastic Surgical Group
1111 Park Avenue Suite 1G
New York, NY 10128
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy