The UN Headquarters in New York City will join more than 7000 cities and towns in more than 150 countries and territories for Earth Hour 2013, with Palestine, Tunisia, Galapagos, Suriname, French Guyana, St. Helena and Rwanda among those joining the global movement for the first time.
Other landmarks going dark include: Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, Tokyo Tower, Taipei 101, The Petronas Towers, Beijing National Stadium (Bird's Nest), Marina Bay Sands Singapore, Gateway of India, The Burj Khalifa, The Church of the Nativity (Birthplace of Jesus, Bethlehem), Table Mountain, Dubrovnik City Walls, Eiffel Tower, Avenue Habib Bourguiba, The Acropolis, Tower of Pisa, The Spanish Steps, Brandenburg Gate, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, The UK Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Christ the Redeemer Statue, CN Tower, Las Vegas Strip, Times Square, The Empire State Building, Niagara Falls and more.
For live updates on Earth Hour 2013 on Saturday March 23, go to http://earthhour.org/live.
To see Ban Ki-moon's video message please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qKjMtfsqY8.
Earth Hour 2013 will take place at 8.30pm - 9.30pm on Saturday 23 March.
For live updates on Earth Hour 2013 starting Thursday March 21, go to http://earthhour.org/live.
See the Earth Hour 2013 Official Video at www.ehour.me/2013ViD.
Press images can be downloaded at http://earthhour.org/media-centre/images.
Downloadable video footage of the global event will be available in four B-rolls for media, covering major regions at http://www.earthhour.org/media-centre/videos.
Earth Hour Canada media centre: http://www.wwf.ca/events/earthhour/media/.
To join the Earth Hour community head to:
- Earth Hour Canada www.wwf.ca/earthhour
- Earth Hour Global www.earthhour.org
- Facebook www.facebook.com/wwfcanada
- Twitter www.twitter.com/wwfcanada
- YouTube YouTube.com/EarthHour">www.YouTube.com/EarthHour
About WWF's Earth Hour
Join hundreds of millions of people worldwide and switch off your lights on Saturday, March 23 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM. Visit www.wwf.ca/earthhour to join the movement.
WWF's Earth Hour is an opportunity for individuals, businesses and communities around the globe to unite in a powerful call to action of hope for a better, healthier planet. In Canada, BMO Financial Group and the Toronto Star are the national sponsors, Ontario Power Authority is a regional sponsor and Staples Canada is the education sponsor. As sponsors for WWF's Earth Hour, BMO Financial Group, Toronto Star, Ontario Power Authority and Staples Canada will harness their incredible ability to engage employees and reach customers in spreading our message and encouraging individual action.
416 209 9033
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses