3. POUR 2 tablespoons batter on griddle, spreading batter to make a 3-inch circle or by using 3-inch pancake molds, coated with no-stick cooking spray. Repeat to make 7 more pancakes. Cook 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn. Cook second side 2 minutes.
1. MELT butter in large skillet. Add red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute. Whisk eggs and salt in small bowl. Pour into skillet with peppers. Cook slightly, then shape into four 3-inch circles about the same size as the pancakes and sausage.
2. PLACE one pancake on plate. Top with cooked sausage patty, egg and another pancake to make breakfast sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 more sandwiches.
*TIP: If using pre-made sausage patties, flatten slightly into 3-inch rounds, if necessary.
Ham, Egg and Cheese PizzaYield: 8 servingsPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesCrust: Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray 1 3/4 cups Hungry Jack Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/3 cup water 2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Olive OilFilling: 3 large eggs 1 cup sour cream 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill weed or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion 4 ounces thinly sliced deli-styled baked ham, coarsely chopped Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
1. HEAT oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray. Combine pancake mix, Parmesan cheese, dry mustard and onion powder in medium bowl, stirring until blended. Stir in water and olive oil until dough forms.
2. PRESS dough onto bottom of prepared pan to form a crust, building up outside edge to form a rim. Bake 7 minutes.
1. WHISK eggs, sour cream, Dijon mustard, dill and salt in medium bowl. Stir in cheese and green onions. Pour over hot crust, spreading evenly. Toss ham to separate pieces. Sprinkle evenly over egg mixture. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Cool 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh dill, if desired.
Good Morning GranolaYield: 5 cupsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats 1 cup sliced almonds 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut (optional) 2 tablespoons wheat germ 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil 1/2 cup Hungry Jack Sugar Free Breakfast Syrup 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar 1 cup dried fruit, such as raisins, golden raisins, cherries or cranberries
1. HEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. COMBINE oats, almonds, coconut, wheat germ, salt and cinnamon in large bowl. Combine oil, syrup and brown sugar in another bowl. Pour over oat mixture. Toss until well coated. Spread evenly in 13 x 9-inch pan.
3. BAKE 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Cool completely. Stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2228552
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine