The majority of Canadians polled say they could be doing more to help the environment. By evolving our roles at the grassroots level, whether as individuals, businesses, or associations, change can start to take effect more frequently. Bullfrog Power suggests the following actions that we can all take today to begin to change behavior and move toward a clean energy future:
- Do something small everyday-take small steps such as using public transportation, recycling more often, and switching to energy efficient lighting
- Unplug-disconnect those unnecessary power cords in your home when not in use and think about purchasing energy efficient appliances. If every home in Canada limited standby power to one watt per hour, it's estimated the savings would equal the amount of electricity needed to power 400,000 homes annually.(i)
- Sign up for renewable energy-you can sign up for both green electricity and green natural gas for your home and business.
- Get informed-research where power comes from in your province and what type of power is most heavily used. Canadians need to be energy literate if we are to make the right decisions for a clean energy future.
- Get involved-across Canada, community renewable energy co-operatives like SolarShare and ZooShare are finding innovative ways to bring more clean energy to the grid. Find out how you can get involved with groups in your area who are trying to do the same.
Note to editors: provincial statistics are available, and interview opportunities with Canadians in the Gen Y, X and Baby Boomer generations. For more information on the Bullfrog Barometer, including an infographic and profiles of Bullfrog customers, visit bullfrogpower.com/barometer.
About Bullfrog Power
Bullfrog Power, Canada's 100 per cent green energy provider, offers renewable energy solutions that enable homes and businesses to reduce their environmental impact, support the development of green energy projects in Canada and help create a cleaner, healthier world. As a Certified B Corporation, Bullfrog Power meets higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. Thousands of Canadian homes and businesses are doing their part to address climate change and air pollution by switching to green energy with Bullfrog Power. Homes and businesses can sign up easily, quickly and affordably at www.bullfrogpower.com.
Join the bullfrogpowered community online-follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook.
About the Bullfrog Barometer
Bullfrog Power, in partnership with Environics Research Group, surveyed Canadians 18+ to measure their attitudes towards the environment. The survey was completed by telephone from November 27th to December 9th, 2012 with a representative sample of 2,000 Canadians. The approximate margin of sampling error is +/- 3.1 per cent at the 95 per cent confidence level. The Bullfrog Barometer is a quarterly poll that measures Canadians' attitudes and behaviours toward the environment.
(i) http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/electricity-phantom-loads-in-your-house-1715267.htm, October 2012.
To view the image associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/858436F1.pdf.
Public Relations Manager
416.360.3464 ext 239
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency