By the end of Q4 2012, Ericsson had supplied more than 60 live commercialLTEnetworks on all continents. About 50% of all smartphone traffic on LTE runsthrough Ericsson networks.
An additional proof point of LTE leadership is that Ericsson is supportingTelefónica's live demonstrations in Barcelona of several complextechnologiesand behaviors: 4G handover to Wi-Fi, voice over LTE (VoLTE), andintegrationacross several vendors and technology standards. "This really proves ourcommitment to our customer, where Telefónica is one of the world'slargestoperators with a strategy to meet the growing demands of theirsubscribers,"commented Vestberg.
Vestberg continued: "Thanks to daily work that our customers entrust uswitharound the world, we continue to evolve our combined offerings. All ourfocus ison providing the right technology, services and solutions to our customerssothat we together can shape the Networked Society."
During Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Ericsson showcases itscombinedtechnology and services leadership for the Information and CommunicationsTechnology industry. Ericsson's solutions deliver superior networkperformancein the field, enable complete customer experience management, simplify andautomate operations workflows thereby leading to operational excellence.
Highlights of the MWC 2013 launches include Ericsson Cloud System, AIR32,Ericsson Key Event Experience, Mobile Order Management, Experience-CentricManaged Services, Operator CDN, and Device and Application VerificationService.A full summary of the demos can be found here.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video atwww.ericsson.com/press
Ericsson is the world's leading provider of communications technology andservices. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-timesolutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely,insustainable societies around the world.
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure withinInformationand Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries.Todaymore than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericssonnetworks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billionsubscribers.
We operate in 180 countries and employ more than 100,000 people. Founded in1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2011 the company'snetsales were SEK 226.9 billion (USD 35.0 billion). Ericsson is listed onNASDAQOMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges.
Ericsson: Eyes on enabling growth at Mobile World Congress 2013:http://hugin.info/1061/R/1680664/549174.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf ofThomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Ericsson via Thomson Reuters ONE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Communications
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
E-mail: Email Contact
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
E-mail: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love