Thursday, April 11
- The Hispanic Journalists' Toolkit: A Look at the Latest Cultural Resources for Reporters
- The Social Media Hispanic News Platforms: A 2013 Update
- Best Practices for Sports Reporting
- From Journalist to Marketer: Your Complete Guide to Making the Change
- Twitter for Hispanic Journalists
Friday, April 12
- 15 Min. of Genius: Journalist Edition
- From Journalist to Media Entrepreneur: Case Studies from Hispanic Journalists who have made the leap and are succeeding
- Twitter for Hispanic Journalists
- Finding Your Voice as a Commentator
Saturday, April 13
- Latinovator Session: Soledad O'Brien (lunch session)
- Getting Your Book Published the Smart Way
- Meet the Leading Conservative and Liberal Voices of Hispanic Journalism
- Twitter for Hispanic Journalists (en español)
Hispanic Journalist Overview
The Hispanic Journalist Showcase of Hispanicize 2013 consists of a multi-faceted platform tailored to meet the needs of Latino journalists. The showcase includes:
Hispanic Student Journalist Project: This project consists of empowering 25 select junior and senior journalism students from across the country to run the daily microsite of Hispanicize 2013. Most of the students will not only cover the event for the microsite but will also be paired with media outlets to be editorial, video and/or photo stringers for them at the event.
15-Minutes of Genius - Journalist Edition: Hispanicize 2013 will host a special "15-Minutes of Genius" session specifically for Hispanic Journalists. The "15-Minutes of Genius" session consists of five, back-to-back, 15-minute presentations packed with genius insights from leading journalists about a particular topic related to journalists.
VIP Journalist Credentials and Special Rates: Hispanic journalists will full VIP access to all facets of Hispanicize 2013. Credentialed, working media will be given complimentary tickets. Full time journalists who wish to attend for strictly professional development reasons will get a special journalist rate of $450.
Sponsorship and Registration Information
As of today, confirmed sponsors so far include: Coca-Cola, MundoFox, Sherwin-Williams, Ford, The Clorox Company, Maseca, ViSalus, Transitions, NBC Latino, The Axis Agency, JeffreyGroup, Lanugo, Visit Orlando, Business Wire, PR Newswire, El Sentinel and several more brands who will shortly be disclosed. Media partners include Latin Heat Media, Getty Images Hispanic, Media Moves, PRODU and Hispanic Market Weekly.
Sponsorship information is available by contacting email@example.com or calling 203.364.4779. To reserve a hotel room, visit https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=14723119
About Hispanicize 2013
Now in its fourth year, Hispanicize 2013 (http://www.HispanicizeEvent.com) (#Hispz13) is the iconic annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in social media, journalism, advertising, PR, film, music and innovation.
Hispanicize 2013 brings brands, media, marketers, celebrities, filmmakers, innovators and bloggers together in a unique creative environment focused on ideas and best practices. The event is a launch pad for creative endeavors, new products, technologies, marketing campaigns, films, books and more targeting Latinos.
Hispanicize 2013, a partnership of the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA), Hispanicize and the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), will be held at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach, April 9-13, 2013.
Katherine Johnson (@KatJohn)
Most Popular Stories
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL