The Most-Rented Actor of 2012 was Channing Tatum, who starred in notable movies such as The Vow, 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike. Elizabeth Banks won the award for Most-Rented Actress of 2012 due to the rental success of movies such as The Hunger Games, What to Expect When You're Expecting and Man on a Ledge.
Redbox Movie Awards Survey Snapshot
More than 30,000 Redbox customers responded to the Movie Awards poll in December, and the results for most memorable movie standouts include:
•Favorite Hero: The man in an armored suit held a superhuman grip on America's heart, as Robert Downey Jr. claimed top honors for his role as Iron Man. •Favorite Villain: Charlize Theron held the throne as the year's most unforgettable evil-doer as Queen Ravenna in Snow White and the Huntsman. •Favorite Animated Character: Princess Merida brought the silver screen to life with her strong personality and fiery red hair in Brave. •Favorite Dance Scene: Magic Mike won this award multiple times over, with notable performances from Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey.
To celebrate America's favorite movies, thru 2/28 consumers can text RUBY to 727272 for a deal on their next rental. (Promo code expires 2/28/2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. WHEN YOU TEXT RUBY TO 727272, YOU'LL GET UP TO 2 MESSAGES. 2 messages a week. Message & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel, HELP for help.)
For more information about the Redbox Movie Awards, visit redbox.com/MovieAwards.
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc and video-game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2.5 billion discs and is available at approximately 43,000 kiosks across 35,500 locations nationwide, including leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, and select Walgreens, Walmart and McDonald's locations in some markets. For more information, visit redbox.com.
* The 2012 Redbox Movie Awards are based on 2012 rental data through December 6, 2012 and a Redbox Movie Awards survey that polled more than 30,000 Redbox customers nationwide in December 2012.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2223814
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition