* Exclusive of non-recurring expenses related to refinancing of revolving credit facility. During the June 2012 quarter, the company recognized net $1.1 million in non-recurring expenses relating to the refinancing of its revolving credit facility.
CONFERENCE CALL / WEBCAST AT 10:00 AM EST ON FEBRUARY 6, 2013
The Company will host a conference call on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time. All interested parties are welcome to participate in the conference call by dialing (888) 802-8579 approximately 5-10 minutes prior to the call; international callers should dial (973) 633-6740. Participants should reference Apollo Investment Corporation or Conference ID # 85998517 when prompted. A simultaneous webcast of the conference call will be available to the public on a listen-only basis and can be accessed through the Event Calendar in the Investor Relations section of our website at www.apolloic.com. Following the call you may access a replay of the event either telephonically or via audio webcast. The telephonic replay will be available approximately two hours after the live call and through February 20, 2013 by dialing (800) 585-8367; international callers please dial (404) 537-3406, reference Conference ID # 85998517. A replay of the audio webcast will also be available later that same day. To access the audio webcast please visit the Event Calendar in the Investor Relations section of our website at www.apolloic.com.
The Company provides a supplemental information package to offer more transparency into its financial results and make its reporting more informative and easier to follow. The supplemental package is available in the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.apolloic.com.
PORTFOLIO AND INVESTMENT ACTIVITY
During the three months ended December 31, 2012, we invested $515 million across 16 new and 13 existing portfolio companies, through a combination of primary and secondary market purchases. This compares to investing $95 million in 3 new and 6 existing portfolio companies for the three months ended December 31, 2011. Investments sold or repaid during the three months ended December 31, 2012 totaled $511 million versus $175 million for the three months ended December 31, 2011.
At December 31, 2012, our portfolio consisted of 71 portfolio companies and was invested 40% in secured loans, 48% in subordinated debt, 0% in preferred equity, 12% in common equity and warrants(1), measured at fair value, versus 62 portfolio companies invested 30% in secured loans, 60% in subordinated debt, 1% in preferred equity, and 9% in common equity and warrants(1), measured at fair value at March 31, 2012.
The weighted average yields on our secured loan portfolio, subordinated debt portfolio and total debt portfolio as of December 31, 2012 at our current cost basis were 11.2%, 12.6% and 11.9%, respectively, exclusive of securities on non-accrual status. At December 31, 2011, the yields were 9.7%, 12.6% and 11.7%, respectively, exclusive of securities on non-accrual status.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women