ABOUT CBM ASIA DEVELOPMENT CORP.
CBM Asia Development Corp. is a Canadian-based unconventional gas company with significant coalbed methane ("CBM") exploration and development opportunities in Indonesia. The Company holds various participating interests in five production sharing contracts (each a "PSC") for CBM in Indonesia, with the right to farm-into 4 additional PSCs. Indonesia has one of the largest CBM resources in the world with a potential 453 trillion cubic feet in-place(3), more than double the country's natural gas reserves (Stevens and Hadiyanto, 2004). Since 2008 a total of 54 CBM PSCs have been granted by the Government of Indonesia, representing exploration commitments of well over US$100 million during the next 3 years. In addition to CBM Asia, other companies active in CBM exploration in Indonesia include BP, Dart Energy, ENI, ExxonMobil, Medco, Santos, and TOTAL. BP, ENI, and the Indonesian government have confirmed that commercial CBM production started in March 2011 from the Sanga-Sanga PSC and is being exported from the Bontang LNG facility. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "TCF".www.cbmasia.ca
ON BEHALF OF CBM ASIA DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Alan T. Charuk, President & CEO
(1) This figure includes 4 existing PSCs in the Barito basin, South Kalimantan to which the Company has the right to farm into under its joint venture agreement with ExxonMobil announced December 20, 2012.
(2) See the Company's news release of January 9, 2013 for further details regarding the Company's 15 Tcf resource target.
(3) Society of Petroleum Engineers Paper 88630 (not NI 51-101 compliant). These gas in place estimates have not be classified as "discovered petroleum initially-in-place" within the meaning of the Canadian Oil & Gas Evaluation Handbook (COGE Handbook). The term "discovered petroleum initially-in-place" is equivalent to discovered resources, and is defined in the COGE Handbook to mean that quantity of petroleum that is estimated, as of a given date, to be contained in known accumulations prior to production. There are no assurances that any portion of the estimated gas in place resources will be discovered. Furthermore, the above estimates make no allowance for the recovery of the gas which will depend on, among other things, the reservoir characteristics encountered and future economic conditions.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, which relate to future events or future performance and reflect management's current expectations and assumptions. Such forward-looking statements reflect management's current beliefs and are based on assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company. Readers are cautioned that these forward looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ materially from those expected. Specifically, the farm-in arrangement with ExxonMobil referred to herein is subject to, inter alia, the negotiation and execution of formal agreements, governmental and third party approvals, satisfactory due diligence and available financing. There are no assurances that the Company will be successful in entering into formal agreements with ExxonMobil on commercially acceptable terms or at all. All of the forward-looking statements made in this news release are qualified by these cautionary statements and those made in our Canadian continuous disclosure filings available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com including our December 31, 2011 year end annual MD&A dated April 26, 2012 and third quarter 2012 interim MD&A dated November 28, 2012. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and the Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances save as required under applicable securities legislation.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
CBM Asia Development Corp.
(604) 684-2340 or (866) 504-4755
(604) 684-2474 (FAX)
Micro Cap et al
1 877 642 7622
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women