Learn more at www.irs.gov/eitc and use the EITC Assistant, or ask your tax professional. If you are eligible for EITC, you also are eligible for free tax help at VITA sites nationwide or to use Free File at www.irs.gov/freefile.
EITC: Are you eligible?
•You must have earned income. •Your adjusted gross income cannot be more than the limit. •Your filing status cannot be "Married filing separately." •You must have a valid Social Security number. •You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year. •You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ. •Your investment income must be $3,200 or less.
Did you know?
•Most refunds are issued in less than 21 days. •Combining e-file with direct deposit is still the fastest way to get your refund. •Use "Where's My Refund?" to get personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. •You can also use the IRS app, IRS2Go, to check the status of your refund. •Can't meet April 15 deadline? Use Free File for a free extension; then use Free File to do your taxes by October 15.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
There are thousands of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites nationwide that offer free help to those earning around $51,000 or less. To locate the nearest VITA site, search for "VITA" on www.IRS.gov.
Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), which is supported by AARP, offers free tax help to people who are age 60 and older. Locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site at AARP.org or call 1-888-227-7669. Some VITA/TCE sites even offer Free File. You can do it yourself on their computers.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2203811
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women