Learn more at www.irs.gov/eitc and use the EITC Assistant, or ask your tax professional. If you are eligible for EITC, you also are eligible for free tax help at VITA sites nationwide or to use Free File at www.irs.gov/freefile.
EITC: Are you eligible?
•You must have earned income. •Your adjusted gross income cannot be more than the limit. •Your filing status cannot be "Married filing separately." •You must have a valid Social Security number. •You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year. •You cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ. •Your investment income must be $3,200 or less.
Did you know?
•Most refunds are issued in less than 21 days. •Combining e-file with direct deposit is still the fastest way to get your refund. •Use "Where's My Refund?" to get personalized refund information based on the processing of your tax return. •You can also use the IRS app, IRS2Go, to check the status of your refund. •Can't meet April 15 deadline? Use Free File for a free extension; then use Free File to do your taxes by October 15.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
There are thousands of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites nationwide that offer free help to those earning around $51,000 or less. To locate the nearest VITA site, search for "VITA" on www.IRS.gov.
Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE), which is supported by AARP, offers free tax help to people who are age 60 and older. Locate the nearest AARP Tax-Aide site at AARP.org or call 1-888-227-7669. Some VITA/TCE sites even offer Free File. You can do it yourself on their computers.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2203811
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise