1) The adjusted operating income/(loss) is defined as theoperatingincome/(loss) reported before amortization of acquisition-relatedintangiblesand restructuring charges and is used by management to helpenhance theunderstanding of ongoing operations and to communicate the impact of theitemson the operating loss as reported.
2) Net financial position represents the balance between financial assets,whichcomprise cash, cash equivalents and short-term deposits, and financialdebtwhich includes bank overdrafts and parent companies short-term bridgecreditfacilities.
3) Net operating cash flow is defined as net cash from operatingactivities,less capital expenditure and less restructuring charges.
4) The fourth quarter 2012 closing is based on a going concernassumption. Thevaluation of several items in the financial report is based upon ourbestestimate using preliminary information available to us and under thisgoingconcern assumption. In the month of December 2012 ST-Ericsson'shareholdersissued press releases about their future intent with respect to ST-Ericsson, onDecember 10(th) by STMicroelectronics and on December 20(th) by Ericsson.
Following the uncertainty resulting from these announcements, thecarryingamounts of goodwill and intangible assets have been substantiallyimpaired. Wecannot exclude that the ST-Ericsson Financial Statements could befurthernegatively affected by ST-Ericsson's future scenario.
Notes to editors
ST-Ericsson invites journalists, analysts and investors to a conferencecallscheduled on January 31 at 5 p.m. CET. Call-in numbers, a live webcast oftheconference call, as well as supporting slides, will be available atwww.stericsson.com/investors/investors.jsp.
ST-Ericsson is a world leader in developing and delivering a completeportfolioof innovative mobile platforms and cutting-edge wireless semiconductorsolutionsacross the broad spectrum of mobile technologies. ST-Ericsson wasestablished asa 50/50 joint venture by STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) andEricsson(NASDAQ: ERIC) in February 2009, with headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
The ST-Ericsson results reported in this press release do not reflect intheir entirety the results of the Wireless Segment of STMicroelectronics,which include other activities that are not part of ST-Ericsson.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involveinherent risks and uncertainties. We have identified certain important factors thatmaycause actual results to differ materially from those contained in suchforward- looking statements. For a detailed description of risk factors seeSTMicroelectronics' (NYSE: STM) and Ericsson's (NASDAQ: ERIC) filings withthe USSecurities and Exchange Commission, particularly each company's latestpublished Annual Report on Form 20-F.
Forward looking statements contained in this press release and the fourthquarter 2012 closing are based on a going concern assumption. In the monthofDecember 2012 ST-Ericsson' shareholders issued press releases about theirfutureintent with respect to ST-Ericsson, on December 10(th) bySTMicroelectronics andon December 20(th) by Ericsson.Please read this press release in conjunction with this information.
Fourth Quarter 2012 financial results:http://hugin.info/1061/R/1674392/545192.pdf
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf ofThomson Reuters clients. The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Ericsson via Thomson Reuters ONE[HUG#1674392]
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Global Communications & Media
Claudia Levo, Geneva, Switzerland
Investor & Analyst Relations
Fabrizio Rossini, Geneva, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 929 6973
Email: Email Contact
Pamela McCracken, Santa Clara, U.S.A.
Phone: +1 408 398 8565
Email: Email Contact
Ericsson Investor Relations
Asa Konnbjer, Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 10 713 3928
STMicroelectronics Investor Relations
Tait Sorensen, Phoenix AZ, US
Phone: +1 602 485 2064
Celine Berthier, Geneva, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 929 5812
Email: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women