SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- RAE Systems, a leading global provider of rapidly deployable, multi-sensor chemical and radiation detection networks for national security and industrial applications, today announced that its MultiRAE Pro portable multi-threat monitors have been adopted by both the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Emergency Response Team and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Urban Search and Rescue Task Force.
The MultiRAE Pro was selected as part of their heightened efforts to enhance safety for emergency responders and surrounding communities when disasters strike.
RAE Systems was awarded a five-year contract by the EPA for its MultiRAE Pro monitors following a stringent independent third-party validation test. The EPA is required to respond rapidly to environmental and hazardous materials incidents at multiple locations and the MultiRAE Pro will provide them with critical, real-time toxic gas and radiation threat data and man-down alarm status to enhance worker safety.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has also adopted the MultiRAE Pro monitor to its Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) equipment cache list because of its expanded real-time personal and point threat-detection capabilities. It will be integrated into the ProRAE Guardian Wireless Safety System for use in natural and manmade emergency response situations.
"Both the EPA and FEMA US&R teams are tasked with responding rapidly to a variety of CBRNe and toxic gas threats at multiple locations simultaneously, making the delivery of real-time situational threat data and alarm status a critical safety component for reducing incident response times and saving lives," stated Chris Toney, Chief Operating Officer of RAE Systems. "RAE Systems has led the way in wireless gas detection for more than a decade, and is proud that both agencies have adopted the MultiRAE Pro to elevate safety for emergency response teams and the people that they protect. This selection further extends the company's leadership in delivering the most advanced wireless gas and radiation detection solutions for anytime, anywhere access to toxic and combustible gases, and radiation detection information to increase safety of national defense teams, emergency responders and the public."
Six Threats, One Instrument
The MultiRAE Pro Portable Multi-Threat Monitor can be easily configured to detect and monitor more than 300 volatile organic compounds (VOCs), gamma radiation, 55 combustible gases and vapors, and 25 specific toxic gases -- up to six threats at a time -- all in a single, highly versatile monitor.
MultiRAE monitors provide both personal- and point-detection capabilities for a broad range of applications, including HazMat response, military, homeland security, and industrial safety and industrial hygiene.
When deployed on RAE Systems ProRAE Guardian Wireless Safety Monitoring System, MultiRAE instruments use a five-way notification system for gas, radiation and man-down alarms to provide instantaneous and unmistakable on-scene alerts while warning safety officers at a remote command center.
Learn More, See More
1. To watch a video on the new MultiRAE family, click HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY8p_uCy6lo)
2. Check out an interactive tour of the MultiRAE HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/demo/multirae/#)
3. Learn more about how to use the MultiRAE for wireless gas and radiation detection in disaster relief and to protect events HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/public-event) and HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/japan-response)
4. To request a demo of the new MultiRAE, click HERE (http://www.raesystems.com/company/contact-us)
5. To learn more about the new book Wirelessly Networked Chemical & Radiation Detection Systems, and to read excerpts, including the first chapter, visit the website HERE (http://bit.ly/T2rgMx)
About RAE Systems Inc.
RAE Systems designs and manufactures connected gas and radiation detection instruments. The company offers a full line of fixed and portable solutions, including personal, handheld and transportable chemical and radiation detection instruments. RAE Systems' proven real-time safety systems have been deployed by leaders in the oil and gas, fire and HazMat, industrial safety, national security and environmental markets worldwide, helping save lives and maintain safety in 120 countries. The company's industry-leading gas and radiation detection solutions are widely recognized for their performance and reliability. RAE Systems is based in Silicon Valley. Learn more at http://www.raesystems.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?