Robyn offers these tips for eating healthier when ordering in or taking out:
1. Order extra so you have leftovers, but make sure not to eat it. According to the study, more than half of females between ages 30-34 purchase more food than they plan to eat when ordering delivery so that they have leftovers.
2. In your special instructions, ask the restaurant to hold the bread. The study found that people are significantly more likely to waste calories on bread while dining in a restaurant. Taking away the temptation allows you to enjoy your meal and watch your waistline.
3. Save some calories by selecting the healthier options. The study found that almost 50 percent of survey respondents have asked for healthier substitutions for dinner. Take the healthier options, like "dressing on the side" or "brown rice" that are already pre-populated for you.
Whether dieting or just trying to be healthier, Seamless makes it easy for people to eat whatever they want, whenever they want. Seamless' website and mobile apps offer numerous sorting, searching and filtering options that give consumers the ability to find healthy dishes, cuisines, and restaurants. These options also enable users to explore and discover new restaurants and healthier alternatives. And if a customer searches by calories, any restaurant that includes calorie counts will come up in the search!
For more information on Seamless, please visit seamless.com or follow @Seamless on Twitter.
About Seamless' Healthy Delivery/Takeout Survey:
The study was developed and conducted in partnership with Survey Monkey. A representative sample of the U.S. population, including more than 1,000 respondents, was surveyed.
Seamless is the most trusted and comprehensive source for local restaurant information and online ordering. The company has made finding and ordering food from local restaurants fun and easy for more than two million members and many of the world's largest companies. Through Seamless.com, MenuPages.com, and mobile applications for iPad®, iPhone®, Android, and BlackBerry®, the company offers access to over 45,000 menus, 280,000 user-generated ratings and reviews, and exclusive discounts from restaurants in New York, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Austin, Seattle, Portland, Miami, London, and other US cities. Seamless facilitated more than $400 million in food orders from its 11,000+ partner restaurants in 2011. Seamless is an independent, privately held company.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Atomic PR for Seamless
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status