As part of the "funnest" sacrifice ever, JELL-O commissioned a national consumer survey to understand Americans' perceptions about the Mayan apocalypse. The survey found that while 96% of Americans believe the world will not end, surprisingly, 4% of Americans actually believe it will come to an end on 12/21/12. However, that doesn't stop people from celebrating, as 82% would "party like there's no tomorrow" if the Mayan prediction were in fact true. Other survey results include(1):
•If the world were to end, Americans would be most excited about never having to pay taxes again (52%), followed by never counting calories again (24%) •18% of Americans would "hide under their bed" if the Mayan prediction were true
To help inform the public about their efforts to help save humanity, JELL-O has enlisted street teams to bring the fun to five major metropolitan areas where they will hand out leaflets and notify the public that "the end isn't near, the fun is" thanks to the brand's efforts. And as part of their mission to "fun things up," JELL-O is marking the end of the Mayan calendar by partnering with Someecards to offer a unique set of end-of-the-world-inspired, electronic greeting cards, helping consumers have a bit of fun before the apocalypse. You can view the cards and site at: http://some.ly/Y2uDpk
For more information on how JELL-O plans to save the world or the new campaign, visit www.funpocalypse.org.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is North America's fourth largest consumer packaged food and beverage company, with revenues of approximately $19 billion in 2011. Launched as a public and independent company on Oct. 1, 2012, the new Kraft has the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse. The company has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, convenient meals and grocery categories. Its iconic brands include Kraft, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer, Planters and JELL-O. Kraft's 25,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft Foods Group is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 index. For more information, visit www.kraft.com and www.facebook.com/kraft.
(1) According to a JELL-O survey conducted by Wakefield Research among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults, ages 18 and older, on November 28 - December 4, 2012.
Embedded Video Available
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183157
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183159
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183161
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183164
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2183169
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women