Wiz also celebrated the release of "O.N.I.F.C." with a special 30 minute performance on BET's 106th & Park. What's more, Wiz describes everything that went into the making of "O.N.I.F.C." for MTV's "Road To Release," which ran on MTV.com leading up to the release of the album last week.
Wiz continues to have an undeniable online presence, with over 8 million fans following him on Twitter, over 18 million likes on Facebook and over 1 million followers on Instagram. In addition to this, Wiz's music videos have been a success on the Internet with nearly 500 million total views on YouTube.
"O.N.I.F.C." is the follow-up to Wiz Khalifa's gold-certified major label debut, "ROLLING PAPERS," which was released in March 2011, and spawned the multi-platinum hits "Black and Yellow," "Roll Up" and "No Sleep." Wiz earned himself two nominations at the 2011 Grammy Awards thanks to his breakout hit "Black and Yellow," in both the "Best Rap Song" and "Best Rap Performance" categories. Khalifa then joined forces with Snoop Dogg for "MAC AND DEVIN GO TO HIGH SCHOOL SOUNDTRACK," the collaborative soundtrack album for the film "Mac and Devin Go to High School." The album featured the hit single "Young, Wild & Free" featuring Bruno Mars, which has gone on to become 3x-certified Platinum, and a top 10 success on Billboard's "Hot 100 Singles" chart.
Earlier this year, Wiz was featured in a high-profile campaign with search engine Bing, where he was featured in nationwide commercials. On top of this, Wiz was included as one of the artists featured in the Pepsi NFL Anthems campaign. The nationwide campaign -- which also featured the likes of Ice Cube, Kelly Clarkson, Lenny Kravitz, Kid Rock and Travie McCoy -- saw the rapper paired with Pittsburgh Steeler linebacker Lamar Woodley and featured a special "Steeler Nation Remix" to his multi-platinum hit single "Black And Yellow."
For the latest news, information and tour dates, please visit www.wizkhalifa.com, www.twitter.com/RealWizKhalifa, www.facebook.com/WizKhalifa, and http://www.instagram.com/mistercap.
For press materials, visit http://press.atlanticrecords.com/WizKhalifa.
Available December 4, 2012
4. Let It Go (Feat. Akon)
5. The Bluff (Feat. Cam'ron)
6. Work, Hard, Play Hard
7. Got Everything (Feat. Courtney Noelle)
8. Fall Asleep
10. It's Nothin (Feat. 2 Chainz)
11. Rise Above (Feat. Pharell, Tuki Carter and Amber Rose)
12. Initiation (Feat. Lola Monroe)
13. Up In It
14. No Limit
15. The Plan (Feat. Juicy J)
16. Remember You (Feat. The Weekend)
17. Medicated (Feat. Chevy Woods & Juicy J)
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2180254
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2180258
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2180261
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2180263
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2180264
Sydney Margetson (National)
Ashley Kalmanowitz (Tour/Online)
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information